Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which three teams will be relegated this season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes. And yet so many of their fans on twitter were incandescent last summer whenever they were called this seasons Fulham. They were adamant they were going to do well. Tyrone Mings? LOL.

£60m for Wesley, Mings and Douglas Luiz. Right-o.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa spent around £136m after getting promoted. They are basically this seasons Fulham.

[tweet]1278267165339275264[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In my experience, often arrogant fans. Until it goes belly up.

The quoted excitement over signing Bmuff reserve Mings stood out for me as strange for an absolutely humongous club.

Not as strange as Southgate picking him for England.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not as strange as Southgate picking him for England.

Sadly for me as an England fan, desperate for us to succeed in a tournament, Mings has that place for years to come. Southgate favouring his old club Villa, swayed by his alleged pace over defending acumen, and Mings standing up to the Sofia nazis ... should yield 50 caps.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[tweet]1278267165339275264[/tweet]

Haven't seen that before - that's incredible. He was talking about a team that had limped into the PL through the play-offs. And Tammy Abraham is going to prefer Villa to Champions League-bound Chelsea? Utterly incredible.

It must be mortifying for Villa fans having to think that this guy is representative of their fanbase.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Naaarwich
Plucky
Villa

Next!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Villa fans are tearing themselves apart on their messageboard following Watfords win. Its all about catching them or West Ham now.

I've not seen us mentioned, strangely.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Hard to see beyond the current bottom 3 now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sadly for me as an England fan, desperate for us to succeed in a tournament, Mings has that place for years to come. Southgate favouring his old club Villa, swayed by his alleged pace over defending acumen, and Mings standing up to the Sofia nazis ... should yield 50 caps.

I'll offer a different view on England CB, again. Mings will not have a place for years to come for the very reason you indicate: he's not that good. But there haven't currently been too many CBs to partner Maguire. I suspect you'll see Gomez starting alongside Maguire and, into the future, their key challengers will come from younger players, perhaps including White.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As it stands at present, 2 wins needed to get out of bottom 3 and I can't see that coming.

....and I think to catch us (even assuming we get no more points) :

Bournemouth - 3W 1D from 5
Villa - 3W 1D from 5
West Ham - 2W or 1W 3D from 5
Watford - 2W or 1W 3D from 4

plus still to play :

WHU v Watford
WHU v Villa

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'll offer a different view on England CB, again. Mings will not have a place for years to come for the very reason you indicate: he's not that good. But there haven't currently been too many CBs to partner Maguire. I suspect you'll see Gomez starting alongside Maguire and, into the future, their key challengers will come from younger players, perhaps including White.

To add to this, no matter how much Southgate loves Mings, he won’t pick him from the Championship next season. So he’s going to have to leave big club Villa.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
....and I think to catch us (even assuming we get no more points) :

Bournemouth - 3W 1D from 5
Villa - 3W 1D from 5
West Ham - 2W or 1W 3D from 5
Watford - 2W or 1W 3D from 4

plus still to play :

WHU v Watford
WHU v Villa