Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which striker would you like to see the club bring in?? For me, Benjamin Moukandjo

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Vydra or Wells or someone from abroad we have never heard of... we should be after a striker like Sam B but with goals...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Did some digging and found an article on it, saying:

"BRISTOL City boss Steve Cotterill today revealed how wages proved a stumbling block in his quest to lure Zach Clough from Bolton Wanderers."

Sounds familiar...

Yeah, the thing is that if you are getting a player for below market value then you can be certain he and his agent will have their hands out for a slice of it. In fairness, he could do a lot better than the Bristol City of last season anyway. No disrespect to them at all.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With the prices the way they are, the likes of vydra will be 10 million !

Think we need to pluck another quality signing from abroad out of the hat

And I fancy that is exactly what we will be trying to do. As we all know home grown players are rapidly being priced out of the market for most clubs, and buying in from overseas brings much better value.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Having had a brief look at Moukandjo, I might have to agree with BG on him, we should sign him. But with his form, don't be surprised if he goes to the likes of PSG, Lyon or Monaco

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we were prepared to pay up to £8m for Alex Pritchard, I would like to think we would be able to afford Alan Judge. In his prime at 27, was in the team of the season and would be able to play just off the striker. Another option could be Bradley Dack from Gillingham, who we've been linked with previously for £2m.

At centre-back I'd like to sign someone with experience, like Sylvain Distin or Wes Brown, who would end up being fourth choice when everyone is fit. Goldson and Dunk are the future so there would be no point in bringing in a quality CB who would disrupt their partnership.

I think Judge is out for most of the season with a broken leg.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Leonardo Pavoletti, 27y/o Italian forward. Scored 14 goals in Serie A last season, and has over 100 career goals. Did join Genoa for €4m last summer though, so would probably cost a pretty penny.

Hakim Ziyech, 23y/o forward for Twente. 19 goals last season, 45 in 117 in his career. Recently got his first cap for Morocco.

Markus Henriksen, 24y/o Norwiegan attacking midfielder (very much in the Pritchard #10 mould). 13 goals last season for AZ Alkmaar, 54 in 240-odd appearances. Only has a year left on his contract.

Seagullssss

Aug 3, 2016
I think Judge is out for most of the season with a broken leg.

Now you say that, it does ring a bell! Shame. I'd be surprised if we signed a striker like Vydra or Wells, I think Hughton is happy with Baldock but would like a number 10 to give us another option.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Leonardo Pavoletti, 27y/o Italian forward. Scored 14 goals in Serie A last season, and has over 100 career goals. Did join Genoa for €4m last summer though, so would probably cost a pretty penny.

Hakim Ziyech, 23y/o forward for Twente. 19 goals last season, 45 in 117 in his career. Recently got his first cap for Morocco.

Markus Henriksen, 24y/o Norwiegan attacking midfielder (very much in the Pritchard #10 mould). 13 goals last season for AZ Alkmaar, 54 in 240-odd appearances. Only has a year left on his contract.

DEFINITE NO to Hakim Ziyech - i have a lot of Dutch friends from travelling that i go to Amsterdam to see 5 or 6 times a year - great footballer but HUGE ego, reall attitude problem - one of the highest rated players in Eredivise too so won't come cheap

Also being linked with Fenerbahçe

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A fit James Wilson.

James Wilson has done his loan time. Mourinho should now start trying to get him into the United first team squad, like they did with Lingard a year earlier. Meanwhile, they should send Rashford to us for a season for experience...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here