Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which SPORT are you best at?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
After a pretty ignominious attempt at football I briefly tried rugby and American Football but can't really say I excelled at any of them.

Pub games however - bar billiards and pool were average to good.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Used to be Bowls - represented Sussex at Under 25 level until i took a break from the game; helped reach 2 national finals in two years (winning one). Could probably hold my own in a game still but i'd need a few roll ups to get my eye in. I was ok at Cricket - left arm medium-fast bowler and terrible batsman. Best bowling figures are 4.2/1/2/4
Other than that, I haven't done much competitively - a bit of football at school and for my work against other stores and am alright at bar games like Darts or Pool but little else.

I love watching/playing sports, I'm just not that good at them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was OK at cricket and rugby. Was a good middle-distance and cross country runner at school but didn't take it beyond that. Only really played pub level football, so definitely not that.

I was a very good bridge player in my day though: played several tournaments and sat in the company of internationals. Even briefly thought about coming professional ... before common sense took over. Still play for fun

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Golf now, 8.2 hc but recently played beach volleyball ( masters age group :-( ) during lunch hour. Great fun, had to stop as work moved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think the defining thing about sport is that you can measure just how good (or in my case, bad) you are. You can bullshit your way in business (an even - here's a surprise - politics) but in sport you'll get (or sink) to where you should be. Take cricket: you might get lucky and take a few wickets with flighted filth but ultimately you'll be found out and find your right level. I have no doubt that I've been 'ordinary' (at best) at every sport I've played. About the only thing I've ever been 'good' at is running and I didn't discover this until my mid 30s.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
On my October trip to America I experienced my first game of basketball. It certainly uses a lot of skills that I had never used before. Dribbling a basketball and looking up (similar to moving up the pitch with a football but the skill is all with the hands) and shooting the basketball with the hands from a good distance from the basket. Anyone else enjoyed the sport of basketball recently? The secret is not to play against people taller than you. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here