Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Religion Is The Most Attractive

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think Budism has the most in commen with me, It's nice to be nice, Don't harm others, karma etc etc.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Explain why you think certain religions cannot be perceived as 'attractive' to some?

The only way you could find religion attractive is if you don't care about whether what you believe in is true. There is no evidence whatsoever for any of it, and if you believe it you clearly don't value truth.

As far as which religion I'd chose if I had to, it'd be Buddhism. It seems to focus around making people nicer to each other, and not many people have been killed because of it. They don't preach hate either, which helps.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Atheism is the most attractive religion. That way, you can have faith that there is no higher being, and nothing happens to you when you die. You only get one shot at life, so make the most of it. Beautiful, in its way.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Atheism is the most attractive religion. That way, you can have faith that there is no higher being, and nothing happens to you when you die. You only get one shot at life, so make the most of it. Beautiful, in its way.

Atheism isn't a religion, it's not even a world view. Atheists don't have "faith" in anything.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
TBH, I think Christianity is about the best, minimal prayer, minimal church attendance, they always take you back if you mess up. Face it, most of us are plastic Christians

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
TBH, I think Christianity is about the best, minimal prayer, minimal church attendance, they always take you back if you mess up. Face it, most of us are plastic Christians

Really? "Most of us" are homophobic, xenophobic, racist, paedophilic slave-owners?

So many people have been killed in the name of Christianity. Every day, kids get disowned by their parents because they're gay, and grown men and women cry rivers because they're convinced their sinning children are going to hell. Scientific development worldwide in areas like stem cell research has been held back by years because of Christian bigotry.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The only way you could find religion attractive is if you don't care about whether what you believe in is true. There is no evidence whatsoever for any of it, and if you believe it you clearly don't value truth.

This is a very dangerous, incorrect and offensive statement. Use it with care.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jesus promoised to end sin.
Thor promised to end frost giants.

I don't see any frost giants around here.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Explain why you think certain religions cannot be perceived as 'attractive' to some?

I have absolutely no doubt that certain religions can be perceived as 'attractive' to some or indeed many but I don't like religion, the vast majority of religions tell me that I'm a bad person if I don't agree with them, so I don't find them attractive even if millions of other people do.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Speak for yourself. I am a Budhist JCL.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really? "Most of us" are homophobic, xenophobic, racist, paedophilic slave-owners?

So many people have been killed in the name of Christianity. Every day, kids get disowned by their parents because they're gay, and grown men and women cry rivers because they're convinced their sinning children are going to hell. Scientific development worldwide in areas like stem cell research has been held back by years because of Christian bigotry.

Calm down dear, re-read it, most of us are nominally Christian but not practicing. Anyway, you are talking about the hardliners, Catholics

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

As far as which religion I'd chose if I had to, it'd be Buddhism. It seems to focus around making people nicer to each other, and not many people have been killed because of it. They don't preach hate either, which helps.

Any religious system involves people. And people are inclined to mess up, so our warm and rather cosy Western view of Buddhism can sometimes be a little wide of the mark: eg
Are Buddhists Violent? - Forbes.com

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Sith. Someone's got to sort out those commie Jedis.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here