Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which ranks higher in all time greatest achievemens?

Well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Getting into Europe. Some really crap clubs get promoted to the prem but you have to be very, very good to finish in the top 6.

Honestly I never thought I'd see either in my lifetime, but I also predicted covid would be over in a few weeks so never listen to me is the moral of the story.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well, we've been promoted to the top tier of English football twice. In ten seasons of top flight football we've only finished in the top half of the division twice, and this is the only time we've finished high enough to qualify for a European competition.

So, yes, qualifying for the Europa League ranks as a higher achievement.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If it’s ‘greatest achievements’ then it has to be Europa League, not sure how it’s really a debate.

1. A large number of smaller clubs have won promotion to the PL.
2. A very small proportion of them have qualified for EL via a league position of sixth.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Qualifying for Europe is the greatest achievement: you’ve got to be good to get promoted to the Premier, but to qualify for Europe you’ve got to be better

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Europe, given that its been achieved by finishing 6th.

Given the established PL top 6 is difficult to break into, any European dream until now was probably down the cup route.

Getting into the PL was fun, but was it any different to getting promoted to the old Division 1 in 1979.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Has to be 6th and Europa Lge for me considering how we've done it: very little spent on players no-one else had heard of before joining us, comparatively low wage structure, lost our manager and entire coaching staff in September and replaced them with a management team on absolutely no other club in England's radar, playing absolutely incredible football changing the landscape of how football can be played, teenagers at BHA scored over 50% of the total goals scored by teenagers by ALL other clubs combined... feel like I could go on...

Its absolutely mental - still cant get my head around it.

Reaching 6th considering the above for me all day long

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
We achieved promotion with a healthy budget on the back of some eye watering losses if I remember correctly.

Our transition to a top six finishing side has been done on a tiny budget compared to our rivals with key players, who in premier league terms, cost a pittance. Our wage bill (if reported accurately) is half of Aston villa's and less than 20% of Chelsea's.

Being close to a champions league finish with the 2nd lowest wage bill in the league is phenomenal and arguably ranks as one of the greatest achievements in the modern era of top flight football.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
If it’s ‘greatest achievements’ then it has to be Europa League, not sure how it’s really a debate.
It's true. If for some reason you're going to say that promotion to the PL is a greater achievement, then someone can come along and using that reason say, "Ah, actually promotion from League One to the Championship was a greater achievement because of whatever," and then someone else can come along and say, "Well, actually, when we went from League Two to League One, given the circumstances or whatever, that was actually the greatest thing this club has ever done."

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Europa League is the bigger achievement for the reasons that people have given.
Promotion is more important financially for the club though, and was the platform that made this incredible season possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here