Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which pub to watch the game?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Where's the lord nelson mate ? Rings bells but the old admiral Napier that used to be at the bottom of elm grove keeps popping in my head for some reason

Go straight out of Brighton Station, and then head left down the underpass, it's a few doors down from the King Albert pub (that one with the big John Peel on the side).

Height qualms aside, it is actually lovely humble little pub and most importantly, they do a good Harveys.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Go straight out of Brighton Station, and then head left down the underpass, it's a few doors down from the King Albert pub (that one with the big John Peel on the side).

Height qualms aside, it is actually lovely humble little pub and most importantly, they do a good Harveys.

Oh right I've had a few in the king Albert before but never tried that one.... Might have to sample their wares next time Im down that way, trafalger street I think

easy

Aug 19, 2011
East Stand: H Block
You just can't beat the Lord Nelson. Unless you're 6ft 5" and want to stand fully upright, in which case you can beat it very easily.

If I wasn't going to the game, I'd head to the Nelson. You'd have to get there early though, it will be jammed full of Brighton.
Landord, Graham is a Manure fan, Doubt many plastic fans would head there.

@ tezz70, Halfway down trafalgar street (under the train station) on the right.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Good stuff !!! Im going to the match but I'll definitely have to give that one a try..... I'm 6ft1, will I fit ? Lol

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Yeah it's a great distance from the station, me and my mate would drink in there till about 2.30 (anything to avoid The Withdean) and still get to our seats with time to spare before kick off. I've also noticed you get groups of away fans meeting in there on matchdays, and every one that I've met has been absolutely lovely.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Same for me, King and queen or Nelsons? The Smugglers and Yates have it in 3D so could be worth a try but not very nice pubs. What to do, would have been a lot easier if i could have got a ticket.

easy

Aug 19, 2011
East Stand: H Block
The Railway Bell opposite the station is also worth a shout since it's undergone it's revamp/new management. It is nothing like the crappy dive it used to be, has 3 high quality big TV's in the bar, with 2 separate sky boxes, and good selection of drinks on tap. Was very impressed on a recent visit there.
If all else fails, that giant sports bar that used to be the Walkabout at the bottom of West Street, should have enough room to squeeze everyone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here