Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[TV] Which one was the worst.. Love thy neighbour or On the buses

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hope you're not calling me liberal. I'm somewhere to the right of Attlla the hun :LOL: well that's what some on here say
Well, I was sort of hinting at itšŸ˜
You surprise me, but then again, it isnā€™t always difficult to be classified as ā€˜to the right of Attilaā€™ on NSC.šŸ˜‰

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Whilst Bless this house was cak, my awesome neighbour Toby and his wife are the exact doubles of them, they even have live at home son and daughter.
As for on the buses, my daughters stumbled onto an episode during lock down. The men - in their 40s and 50s, were playing a football match against a women's team. The women all looked like they were off the cover of a Parade of the Pops album, all blond, 16 to 20 in age and in hot pants. My daughters were shocked when the final punch line was that the old men bundled into the women's changing room to molest the 'Crumpet.' I explained that's why alternative comedy was so exciting, as it swept away all that shit.

I have a softer spot for On the Buses as it was a crapper version of Carry On but with a bollocks to line managers edge to it. Whereas Love Thy Neighbour was actively harmful as the racist language it popularised was then spat out the next day at black kids in schoolgrounds across Britain, certainly was in mine

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Reg Varney opened the first ATM machine in the UKā€¦
Pickles told me that.
cash.jpg

Barclays Bank, Enfield High Street.

Varney far right [of the picture, not politically].

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerĆ­a
I'm nowhere near 70 and remember watching both. And if you watch Love thy Neighbour, any episode, the black guy gets the upper hand every time.

I hate to break it to you but it you remember watching them when they first aired, you ain't far off 70 :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This thread has stirred some long repressed memories of 70,s comedy shows.(some may be from the 60,s)

Of the top of my head, I can remember,
Bottle boys,
The Dustbin men,
Curry and Chips,
Only when I laugh
Doctor at Large,
Anything with Thora Herd,
And, in my opinion the absolute nadir of 70s comedy,
Terry and June.

This thread has stirred some long repressed memories of 70,s comedy shows.(some may be from the 60,s)

Of the top of my head, I can remember,
Bottle boys,
The Dustbin men,
Curry and Chips,
Only when I laugh
Doctor at Large,
Anything with Thora Herd,
And, in my opinion the absolute nadir of 70s comedy,
Terry and June.
Saw an incredible film yesterday with a young Thora Hird shooting Nazis - fair play to her - amazing watch https://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/jul/03/went-day-well-patterson

Dick Head

ā­ā­ā­ā­ā­
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Francois Pascal (the French bird) did a Mayfair centrefold ā€¦ā€¦. I treasured that copy for two years.
I think you'll find it was Club International, you pervert.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I remember one particular On The Buses, where Stan made some home brew, drank some at lunch time, turned up for work pissed then devised a plan with Jack that they could use it to get the clippies legless and basically shag them.

A hilarious episode
if you are into shagging drunk girls whom are incapable of saying no then maybe you would find it amusing :shrug:

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
On the Buses is still aired and although a few episodes are a bit dodgy the show is still watchable.
itā€™s a shame ITV have since given up on comedy. šŸ˜•

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here