Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the out of contract players would YOU keep?

Which out of contract players would YOU keep?

• Tomasz Kuszczak

Votes: 166 56.1%
  • Casper Ankergren

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • Peter Brezovan

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Bruno Saltor

Votes: 158 53.4%
  • Inigo Calderon

Votes: 242 81.8%
  • Matthew Upson

Votes: 276 93.2%
  • Andrea Orlandi

Votes: 149 50.3%
  • David Lopez

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Will Hoskins

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • Kazenga LuaLua

Votes: 268 90.5%
  • David Rodriguez

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally this is a tough poll.
TK - Has been a great servant but has seemed a bit lost recently. 50-50 but the other 2 can leave. Let Walton be a back up and either look for a new No1 or keep TK
BS/IC both brilliant. But with an ageing defence i would let BS go. Offer IC a coaching role and look for fresh blood
MU - The 1 defender i would keep. Still does not look out of place and although is ageing i would keep him for experience
AO - Injuries seem to be catching up with him. One maybe i would take a chance on
Spanish Dave/Rodney - Would let both go back to Spain
WH - Due to the fact i don't think he will stay fit i would let him go.
Kaz - He is an impact player and all clubs need one. Can change a game on his day and there is not many players in our squad we can say that about. Keep

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
18 league appearances in 3 years. If someone else is willing to take the punt of paying his wages they're more than welcome, but so far for us he's been a complete waste of money.

2 serious injuries, I see no evidence of him being a sicknote, he works hard has a good attitude and has ability we should at least be offering him a contract.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Tomasz Kuszczak - Depends on who else is available, I don't see him wanting to be second fiddle, so only if there is no one else better.
Casper Ankergren - It's a toss up between Brez/Casper for number two spot, but don't need both
Peter Brezovan - It's a toss up between Brez/Casper for number two spot, but don't need both
Bruno Saltor - Probably
Inigo Calderon - Probably
Matthew Upson - I would lean toward no, great service this season, but there were reports throughout the season of how he has been playing with pain, how he has recurring injuries, and he's missed a few matches late in the season, I'm not convinced he'd be fit enough next year.
Andrea Orlandi - His injuries would make me lean toward no
David Lopez - I think he got a lot of unfair criticism, is one of the few players in our team who can consistently cross a ball well, but I'm not sure he has enough with the rest of his game
Will Hoskins - I would lean toward yes, one year deal to give him a chance to show what he has to offer
Kazenga LuaLua - Extend the option, but be open to selling at a decent price if he doesn't show more consistent form
David Rodriguez - Based on what we've seen, no. But that feels really unfair to me because I'm not sure we've seen enough, especially when you factor in adjusting to another country.

by that we're going to be left with one player. and that one is someone who hasn't played this whole season whilst the rest have been ruled out because they are 'injury prone'

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
2 serious injuries, I see no evidence of him being a sicknote, he works hard has a good attitude and has ability we should at least be offering him a contract.

no evidence of him being a sicknote? Shirley the 18 league appearances in 3 years is more than enough evidence

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So much of who we should keep depends what we have in the transfer kitty. I think the squad needs freshening up so if there is money to spend then I only see it as a necessity to keep Kuszczak and both Upson & Kaz on 1 year extensions. But if we're working with a limited budget then I would also be looking to keep hold of Bruno, Orlandi & Hoskins.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kuz
Upson
Calde
Orlandi
Hoskins
Lua Lua

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kuszczak and Lua Lua - Upson because we need space in defence to bring younger players through and one of Bruno and Calde have to go for the same reason.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Upson for the experience value, and Calderon for his Brighton experience.

Saltor for his complete unpredictability! You just don't know what he'll do next :p

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
by that we're going to be left with one player. and that one is someone who hasn't played this whole season whilst the rest have been ruled out because they are 'injury prone'

Weird response. I said probably to Kuszczak, Bruno and Calderon, yes to one of Brez/Casper, yes to hoskins and Lualua. You say that leaves us with one player? It actually leaves us with:

(Brezovan)
(Ankergren)
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Stephens
Hoskins
Crofts
Agustien
Mackail-Smith
Calderon
Chicksen
Forster-Caskey
Ulloa
Dickenson
Lualua
March
Maksimenko
Kuszczak
Buckley
Walton
Richards
Ince

But also, whatever way this goes we need to sign X number of players, whether they are current players signed to new contracts or new players. Not re-signing these players doesn't mean we can't sign others.

I'm of the opinion that Hoskins is not injury prone like the others, he has just had an unlucky couple of serious injuries. Whereas the two players that I said no to because of injuries worries one has a long history of getting fit coming back into the side then getting injured again at multiple clubs, the other is coming towards the end of his career. But, only signing Hoskins to one year allows for the possibility I'm wrong and he is injury prone.

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
..perhaps Monakana will feature on the subs bench next season?..
Yes please. He has the speed perhaps giving him the 1st team carrot will correct his fitness issues.
..If we get Toko in central midfield..
I'd like to see Toko and Ince play alongside each other as 'muscle' with someone else providing the legs
..perhaps Walton will be ready to be our number 2 next season?..
He should be no2 regardless of whether TK stays or not. Lose Brez and Ank, promote Walton and recruit under him (and above if necessary)
..invest in another centre back and perhaps 2 full backs if Ward doesn't stay.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Keep

Kuszsack on a 2 year deal- if he wants to commit
Calde with a Player/Coach role
Upson on a year deal
KLL at least a 2 year deal
Hoskins on a 1 year deal, he deserves his chance with us

Sign
Right Back
Ward
Kid from Grasshopper
Forward thinking Centre Mid
Back up Target man for Leo

Rid of
Back up keepers has never been good enough
Bruno is to injury prone and inconsistent
Daves aren't good enough
Orlandi is too injury prone and dissapears when it matters

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
Tomasz Kuszczak - Yes - Yes he has had some blunders lately but it would be key for us if we could keep hold of him
Casper Ankergren - No, Walton can be used as back up next season
Peter Brezovan - Yes - its basically a toss up between CA and PB
Bruno Saltor - No - has his moments but think this could be end of Bruno here
Inigo Calderon - YES - Player/Coach role, the day he actually leaves will be a sad one
Matthew Upson - YES - Think he would be good for maybe one more season but if not then at least we have Dunk who can slot in and then bring in a back up cb
Andrea Orlandi - Maybe - he was great last season but has missed a lot this season due to injury, his creativitiy is great but its a tough one
David Lopez - No - used a lot at start of the season but as season went on he was slowly fazed out by OG so think it will be bye bye to Spanish Dave
Will Hoskins - Yes - deserves at least one season to see how he does considering how much time he missed, could be a surprise package for us next season
Kazenga LuaLua - YES - we have the 1 year option anyway so we may as well activate it as he can be great
David Rodriguez - Maybe - Personally, i would wanna see how he does with a Pre-Season under his belt with us but he has been unlucky not to be given more chances

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Weird response. I said probably to Kuszczak, Bruno and Calderon, yes to one of Brez/Casper, yes to hoskins and Lualua. You say that leaves us with one player? It actually leaves us with:

(Brezovan)
(Ankergren)
Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Stephens
Hoskins
Crofts
Agustien
Mackail-Smith
Calderon
Chicksen
Forster-Caskey
Ulloa
Dickenson
Lualua
March
Maksimenko
Kuszczak
Buckley
Walton
Richards
Ince

But also, whatever way this goes we need to sign X number of players, whether they are current players signed to new contracts or new players. Not re-signing these players doesn't mean we can't sign others.

I'm of the opinion that Hoskins is not injury prone like the others, he has just had an unlucky couple of serious injuries. Whereas the two players that I said no to because of injuries worries one has a long history of getting fit coming back into the side then getting injured again at multiple clubs, the other is coming towards the end of his career. But, only signing Hoskins to one year allows for the possibility I'm wrong and he is injury prone.

apologies if this was misinterpreted. I meant we would have one player left from that list (which now appears that I read almost half of it wrong)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
GOALKEEPERS
Tomasz Kuszczak KEEP
Casper Ankergren KEEP
Peter Brezovan RELEASE
Christian Walton KEEP - New no3

DEFENDERS
Bruno Saltor KEEP
Inigo Calderon KEEP
Matthew Upson KEEP
Stephen Ward SIGN

MIDFIELDERS
Keith Andrews RELEASE
Kemy Agustien SELL
Andrea Orlandi KEEP
David Lopez RELEASE

FORWARDS
Will Hoskins RELEASE - Can't take a risk on further injuries with such little budget
Jesse Lingard Another LOAN?
Kazenga LuaLua TAKE OPTION
David Rodriguez RELEASE

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Jeffrey Monakana (WG) 1st TEAM PROMOTION
Glen Rea (CB) 1st TEAM PROMOTION

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We have had to pay his wages for a whole season , if we release him another player can be recruited in his place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here