Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the current squad do you think might surprise us next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the talk of Murphy reminds me, I'm currently watching Bluestone 42 on Netflix.
It's tough not to think of our Jamie:-

hqdefault.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If we play 3 in midfield, Norwood. He is the best passer in the squad by some way. If we play 2 in midfield, he will hardy play sadly. I would also love to see Skalak step up. I suspect he may not get a chance though.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jake Forster Caskey? I suppose it's too late for him.

That would be a true surprise.

Yeah, seeing as we sold him to Charlton!

Dunk, Knockeart, Stephens, Duffy and March I'd have as possibles. Also Baldock could be our equivalent to Ashley Barnes. Sadly I don't think that any of the rest are PL quality. Just my opinion before someone jumps in and tells me how marvellous they all are!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah, seeing as we sold him to Charlton!

Dunk, Knockeart, Stephens, Duffy and March I'd have as possibles. Also Baldock could be our equivalent to Ashley Barnes. Sadly I don't think that any of the rest are PL quality. Just my opinion before someone jumps in and tells me how marvellous they all are!

About right, though I'd add Stockdale. Bruno is comfortably good enough technically - physically is the possible issue. Rosenior is thereabouts too.

Kayal is a worry. Asked the question six months ago, and I'd have had no doubts whatsoever that he was good enough. He's currently far below his previous levels.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If we play 3 in midfield, Norwood. He is the best passer in the squad by some way. If we play 2 in midfield, he will hardy play sadly. I would also love to see Skalak step up. I suspect he may not get a chance though.

Has everyone forgotten Stephens? He's a latterday Jan Molby, in the passing department. I suppose the big surprise would be that he signs a new contract . . . . .

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I'm going to say Murray, is about to finally prove himself as a top-quality striker, after all the other teams he's played with in the Premier League really haven't given him a chance to be a regular starter in the top division.
We'll all be wetting ourselves when he scores the winner at Stamford Bridge, as he did for that other bloody team he played for!!
15 Goals+ next season to be the top Northerner goal scorer in the Premier League! :goal:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
with the possibility we will concede a few more goals i think Niki Mäenpää may well get a chance at some point and will not disappoint .

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Knocky obviously didn't quite cut it at Leicester so hopefully playing in a formation which suits him better he will make an impact.

Was Sam Baldock with West Ham in their last promotion to the PL - was it 2011/2012 ? - same applies as for AK ! - Just checked 5 in 23 for the Hammers, a season apparently blighted by injury !!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No idea why really, but can see Hemed coming in due to injuries to our first choice strikers and banging in 20 goals to keep us up

I wouldn't, but assume many would, be surprised to see Hemed really make a mark. I just have a weird feeling that he will do really well in the Prem

Strangely, I'm thinking the same. Almost a bit like when Murray was underrated a bit going up from League One, or Barnes for that matter, and yet both grew and developed. Despite being utterly useless against Bristol, I still think he might shine a bit more than people expect.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I am so much more confident in all of our centre backs stepping up than I am the rest of the squad I keep thinking we should play three of them, also would mean Dunk surging forward more often which is a fine sight (even when he's ill and the effort shatters him and he has to go off for a pukey and a lie down)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here