Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of our former players would you welcome back with open arms into this current squad?

Who would you love to have back at the Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mac Allister & Caicedo.
Bissouma was a revelation when he arrived, such a step up in quality. Mac Allister + Caicedo was so silky and reckon best midfield partnership last season. i dont think all three would work though, too defensive.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Mac Allister & Caicedo.
Bissouma was a revelation when he arrived, such a step up in quality. Mac Allister + Caicedo was so silky and reckon best midfield partnership last season. i dont think all three would work though, too defensive.
Well, they worked together ok against Wolves at Molyneux on April 30th 2022 with Mwepu also. We won 3-0. I was there to witness a commanding performance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only Mac for me. Caicedo can lick my gooch.
The ships have all sailed. I'm not excited by any of them anymore. Mac made some good passes against Fulham yesterday, but had he not previously been ours I would hardly have noticed him. Ditto the rest of them. Impact subs....pale versions of former selves.....White earned more England caps before he left us for Arsenal (where he has become a bit anonymous).

Pretend you have only heard of any of them while at their present club. Would you want any of them?

That said, I'm sure RDZ could improve most of them.

This is not the sort of thread that intrigues me. Would you ever get back with an old GF? Mmmmmmmmmm.........yyyyyyyyyyyyy.... no.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
MacAllister without doubt

Ben White was never really a Brighton player for me, just did a job for a year to up his value and shot off . . . He did it ery well, most professional, but I never spotted any passion or loyalty.

Biss was good, as was Caicedo, but they couldn't gert out fast enough when a chaque was waved.

Colwill was never ours.

no one else is good enough to trouble/better what we have ( when fit)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I don't like Dan Burn after his excessive celebrations against us last season at St James Park.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any or all of them. Well, not all of them obviously, because that would leave our squad vastly over-crowded, but any of them, yes. Although it was quite exciting to be getting record amounts of wonga for some of them, I never wanted any of them to leave, not even Tross or Sanchez.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The only one I’d have is Colwill. The rest chose to go and take the money from the big boys and when you’re gone then you’re gone. Colwill wanted to stay here but Chelsea weren’t having it and he remains respectful to us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only one I’d have is Colwill. The rest chose to go and take the money from the big boys and when you’re gone then you’re gone. Colwill wanted to stay here but Chelsea weren’t having it and he remains respectful to us.
Playing ability ranks a fair bit higher than the somewhat subjective and ethereal ‘respect’. Biss, Ale Mac and White at least left on good terms imo and would strengthen the current squad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting results, clearly Sanchez is now failing the no dickheads test.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Playing ability ranks a fair bit higher than the somewhat subjective and ethereal ‘respect’. Biss, Ale Mac and White at least left on good terms imo and would strengthen the current squad.
The question was who would we welcome back with open arms, so I can be as subjective and etherial as I like, it doesn't have to be based on playing ability.

Most of the players on the list have a lot of PL experience and are excellent players, if we are all judging just on footballing ability, you’d probably have all of them back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The question was who would we welcome back with open arms, so I can be as subjective and etherial as I like, it doesn't have to be based on playing ability.

Most of the players on the list have a lot of PL experience and are excellent players, if we are all judging just on footballing ability, you’d probably have all of them back.
Agreed. So what did Biss, White and Ale Mac do to not be welcomed back in your view ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Being a celebrity searching whore that I am , I would love to see Bruno back at the club.

I see him regularly on the seafront and have chatted with him and he is one of the nicest knowledgeable blokes you could meet

Another one tempted by Chelsea roubles/ dollars where he was stitched up after potter was dumped

Mac I would have back in a heartbeat

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Mac Allister & Caicedo.

IMG_2027.png

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Deep down I know Caicedo is what we need but I’m not quite ready for that level of forgiveness so I went with Biss.

Slightly surprised at the level of votes for Ali Mac, an outstanding man but not sure we have missed the player that much.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Caicedo got well over hyped towards the end of his Albion career IMO.. Liam Bridcutt Mkll, Billy G is becoming a better player which is quite Ironic considering Chelsea practically gave him away.

Macalister a massive miss much better all round game and can take a set piece.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here