Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Loan Player misses out on Saturday?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depends which one doesn't have written in his contract, that if fit, he must be included in the matchday squad.

This gets trotted out constantly, but I've never heard or seen anything ever to back up the existance of any such clause.

Personally I'd say there is zero chnace any such contractual stipulations exist.

What very much DO exist, of course, are verbal agreements bewteen managers about how loan players will be used.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
This gets trotted out constantly, but I've never heard or seen anything ever to back up the existance of any such clause.

Personally I'd say there is zero chnace any such contractual stipulations exist.

What very much DO exist, of course, are verbal agreements bewteen managers about how loan players will be used.

Out of curiosity how many loan contracts between clubs have you seen or how many manager agreements have you been privy to listen to??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Out of curiosity how many loan contracts between clubs have you seen or how many manager agreements have you been privy to listen to??

Not the point.

Managers talk about this stuff in interviews - we've sent <insert name of young player here> out on loan, because he needs games. Then (like Fenelon, for example), if they are not getting the time the loaning club hoped, they recall them.

If it doesn't suit the club to play them, they won't. They might take long term considerations into account, I grant you (will the parent club take them back if we don't give them regular games / will they be keen to lend us players in future, etc) but they will never (IMO) be in a position where they are duty bound to play someone.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
It must be Halford who misses out, the bloke is an absolute carthorse of the highest order!

Those saying Tex should be the one who misses out shouldn't really go to Football. Still our most talented player, one of very few potential match winners we have in the squad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It must be Halford who misses out, the bloke is an absolute carthorse of the highest order!

Those saying Tex should be the one who misses out shouldn't really go to Football. Still our most talented player, one of very few potential match winners we have in the squad.

Halford really is utterly dreadful - in a variety of positions. He is least dreadful at centre back though, and we have NO cover there. Reluctantly would have to think he is worth a place on the bench, just in case Greer or Dunk have a mishap.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Halford has to at least be on the bench, I would leave out Tex or Gardner

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, I agree with you - I didn't say Tex should be left out, but that I expect he will be.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Halford really is utterly dreadful - in a variety of positions. He is least dreadful at centre back though, and we have NO cover there. Reluctantly would have to think he is worth a place on the bench, just in case Greer or Dunk have a mishap.

Greer and/or Dunk generally have some form of mishap every match to be fair.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is inevitable that Dunk and or Greer will pick up another yellow very soon probably the next game or two which would explain the signing of Halford as cover especially if Hughes is out for any length of time.

Stumpy Tim

Will probably be Gardener or Tex due to the cover we have. I think Gardener is harshly treated on here (as is JFC). Both are playing as full-backs, despite their official positions being central midfield. Both are better at bursting from central midfield to score goals, but Sami seems to think they're better played covering for our full-backs.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will probably be Gardener or Tex due to the cover we have. I think Gardener is harshly treated on here (as is JFC). Both are playing as full-backs, despite their official positions being central midfield. Both are better at bursting from central midfield to score goals, but Sami seems to think they're better played covering for our full-backs.

Whilst I understand your point, I'm not having it. Gardner is roundly criticised on here, mainly because he generally gives the impression that he doesn't give two ****s whether Brighton win or lose.

(That said, he was BETTER on Tuesday...)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Gardner and Halford being talked about as sh*t, how can that be, our scouting database does not allow us to sign players that don't fit in with the team.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Halford.

Calderon is able to play in the middle, E Bennett to right back IF REQUIRED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here