Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Loan Player misses out on Saturday?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Al Habsi for me, whilst 'fantastic' is a bit of a stretch, Walton was certainly competent enough last night (and better than Al Habsi was at Bournemouth). Maybe drop Tex for Paddy ?? Might bring Baldock's runs into play more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's a centre back, who can make a nuisance of himself up front if required. Anywhere else he'd be an enormous liability. He's a TERRIBLE full back.

I wouldn't argue with that but he is useful on the bench. I would like to see Teixiera replaced by either Colunga or preferably by CMS so that CMS and Baldock can run at Blackburns defence and not allow them to ignore either or settle for 1 minute. However, I do not think SH will agree.

A win on Saturday is vital because the top 6 are playing each other as are most of the bottom teams around us. Hopefully draws all round bar our game with us winning.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is Elliott Bennett definitely not injured?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Gardner to miss out hopefully.

Would love to see a midfield of

Holla - Tex- Ince

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd leave Gardener out myself, I know he scored the other night but it's not like we are short of midfield options and he offers nothing more than JFC, Holla, Ince or even Agustien but I can't say about Toko because I hav'nt seen him play. It begs the question of why we've ended up in this situation anyway and yet again I can only put it down to poor performance on player recruitment. I can understand having a couple of long term loans and I appreciate players get injured and suspended but to end up with 6 loan signings goes down to poor planning in my opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gardener to miss out.

We have other options in central midfield, he can rest up for the Norwich game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd leave Gardener out myself, I know he scored the other night but it's not like we are short of midfield options and he offers nothing more than JFC, Holla, Ince or even Agustien but I can't say about Toko because I hav'nt seen him play. It begs the question of why we've ended up in this situation anyway and yet again I can only put it down to poor performance on player recruitment. I can understand having a couple of long term loans and I appreciate players get injured and suspended but to end up with 6 loan signings goes down to poor planning in my opinion.

This might be unpopular but i don't think Gardner is quite as bad as some people make out.....the biggest disappointment for me 'at the mo' is Holla...his form seems to have dipped alarmingly ..shame really

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tis might be unpopular but i don't think Gardner is quite as bad as some people make out.....the biggest disappointment for me 'at the mo' is Holla...his form seems to have dipped alarmingly ..shame really

I thought Gardener looked better playing a more natural midfield role the other night rather than the midfield/fullback role he has been playing. But to be honest he was never needed in the first place and other than the winning goal against Wigan he's added nothing to the team that we didn't already have and he certainly hasn't improved us at all, In fact quite the opposite as his first appearance in the squad coincided with the start of our long winless run in the league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought Gardener looked better playing a more natural midfield role the other night rather than the midfield/fullback role he has been playing. But to be honest he was never needed in the first place and other than the winning goal against Wigan he's added nothing to the team that we didn't already have and he certainly hasn't improved us at all, In fact quite the opposite as his first appearance in the squad coincided with the start of our long winless run in the league.

Agreed

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Al-Habsi. We shouldn't even have him here. Walton, in the 2 games he has played, has performed better than both Stockdale and Al-Habsi. He's England U19 keeper, he's more than good enough to cover Stockdale for a month or two. If you're good enough, you're old enough. You don't develop much sitting on a bench!

Think Sami will stick quite closely to Tuesday's team (if he has any sense). So that points to Al-Habsi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here