• Total voters

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The Argus
. literally anything counts as news
. spelling and grammar mistakes everywhere, especially on the website
. some of their journalists are snivelling, soulless scum with no consideration for the fallout of their stories
. research is quite frankly laughable
. running stories that literally mean no news, such as \'no move for Gus by Premiership Big guns.\'

Unless things have changed since the move of the press to Southampton, all Argus stories are put to bed by around 8pm for printing at 10pm every day but Sunday and in time for the sports results on a Saturday. Most Brighton action happens after that (muggings, drunks, drugs, burglaries, etc). For all that Brighton's a cesspit, there isn't actually much news here. I remember one editor a couple of decades ago saying: "What we need is a jolly good murder", by which he lamented the almost total lack of news in the Brighton area on a daily basis. It is incredibly difficult to fill up a paper with news every single day, when not a lot happens! The subs' jobs have also gone to Southampton, which is a mistake, because local knowledge is the backbone of the subs' job, particularly when most reporters are from out of town and sometimes simply don't recognise the significance of an event to local people, so perhaps downplay it, missing an opportunity. Subs in Southampton won't have a clue as to the differences between North Laine and The Lanes and the peculiar spellings of some of our streets and landmarks. Neither will they have access to the substantial Argus archive where the details of local people and previous stories were kept. As to the web site, the news there is put up almost instantly. The subs used to do it, checking it as they went, but who knows who does it now?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't mind the Argus. They may have quite a bit of rubbish in it but it must be quite difficult to find a papers worth of news stories in the local area. As for Brighton and Hove buses, I find the service good and I have only ever come across one bad driver. But the prices they charge are just too much, especially when they seem to put the price up dramatically without any improvements.

This could be the start of a new competition, but it probably wouldn't be quite as fun as the hardest animal of the year competition.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I'm getting to the age now where I might have to look at the pile of sh*t that is the Argus, just to see if anyone I'm acquainted with has popped their clogs :ohmy:

Edit: Just seen I can do it online, thank fu*k :lolol:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Very satisfied with our local bus service,there are delays of course at times but this is often due to the amount of traffic,which could be improved if more car owners used buses.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Given you say "in Sussex" that surely counts any company that trades in Sussex ? If so here's my list ( although it's probably not complete ! ) :

ANY Private Parking Company but G24 in particular
EDF Energy
Santander
BT
SportsDirect
The animal charity run by Trevor Weekes
Co-Op Supermarkets
Sky

All of these plus:

Southern Rail
First Capital Connect
Barclays
Currys
Dixons
Comet
PC World
Burger King
McDonalds
Roadrunners
Station Taxis
The Sussex number that keeps on calling regarding to PPI

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Brighton & Hove Buses.
. employ poorly trained apes to drive their vehicles
. rarely on time
. buses smell like a gypsies armpit
. they allow chav rodents and homeless vagrants to use their vehicles
. the prices keep going up despite no improvement in service
. they cancel the journey if the bus is too late, which is f***ing ridiculous as it\'s their fault
. giant pictures of local gonks with totally wank quotations like \'I\'m 7 foot 2 and I find the bus soooo easy. It\'s great.\'

The Argus
. literally anything counts as news
. spelling and grammar mistakes everywhere, especially on the website
. some of their journalists are snivelling, soulless scum with no consideration for the fallout of their stories
. research is quite frankly laughable
. running stories that literally mean no news, such as \'no move for Gus by Premiership Big guns.\'

Poll to follow.

The Surrey Geographical Company

they are rubbish.

TNBA

TTF

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Cool Hand Luke in the North Laines :wanker:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
its is an absolutely criminal shame that our wonderful city, home of media types galore and silicon beach and all that cock, has absolutely no worthwhile offline media. The local television is an absolute joke and the argus is no better than a freesheet these days despite costing nearly a quid. WHY should a shit hole like SOton have better media than us? come to think of it, why have those slags got 4G before us? Christ it makes me angry...

but not as angry as NCP - they are the worst company operating in sussex for me

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All of these plus:

Southern Rail
First Capital Connect
Barclays
Currys
Dixons
Comet
PC World
Burger King
McDonalds
Roadrunners
Station Taxis
The Sussex number that keeps on calling regarding to PPI

Shit, I knew there was a load I missed !

Add :

Cable and Wireless
McDonalds
Sussex Beacon ( strictly speaking not a business but a charity ! )
Any pub that prevents groups of men or people wearing football shirts in
The Mongolian BBQ ( or whatever it calls itself nowadays )
The Elizabeth Tandorri

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shit, I knew there was a load I missed !

Add :

Cable and Wireless
McDonalds
Sussex Beacon ( strictly speaking not a business but a charity ! )
Any pub that prevents groups of men or people wearing football shirts in
The Mongolian BBQ ( or whatever it calls itself nowadays )
The Elizabeth Tandorri

What's your beef with the Beacon?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Cliffords, the car spares place

Sell you bits that don't fit, then get shirty when you take them back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here