Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which, if any, of our Amex era players would make the legends wall?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ulloa. The reaction to scoring at Forest would make a superb banner. I'd be happy with his short stay being honoured.

For me Vicente was a legend. The fact he didn't play that much is irrelevant. All clubs have examples of astounding players they got fleeting glimpses of who enabled them to dare to dream. Can anyone say they were unmoved when they turned up at the Amex with the news that Vicente was starting, or when they saw him warming up as a sub on the touchline? These kinds of stories of superstars turning up on your doorstep one evening, blowing your mind and then waving goodbye a few hours later are the stuff of legends.

Oh, and Calde as well, of course.

Portsmouth game - two nil to Vicente and he didn't get on to the pitch until the second half? Anyone know if he was MOM?

One of my "I was there" Albion moments.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
It is more a moments wall than a legends wall, for that reason I would like Buckley putting the ball in the net on 97 minutes vs Donny.

Like those well known moments when Kerry Mayo went on a successful dribble or Guy Butters made a good pass

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
The thing is they don't even have to be that good ability wise, someone who gives 100% every game and is prepared to get stuck in could easily be up there and be a crowd favourite, sadly something we are missing at the moment.

Absolutely. Something woefully lacking in our side right now - as highlighted in the Millwall match report;

In MacDonald in midfield and the goalscorer Gregory, Millwall had two players with a tenacity and downright spitefulness sorely lacking in the current Brighton side. MacDonald played like he wanted to hurt someone. His opponents in the midfield played like they didn’t want to get hurt.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?378-Albion-v-Millwall-12-12-2014

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is more a moments wall than a legends wall, for that reason I would like Buckley putting the ball in the net on 97 minutes vs Donny.

Or Spanish Dave scoring that free kick against Palace just before half time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Or Spanish Dave scoring that free kick against Palace just before half time.

This deserves a place up there

_66963810_david_lopez.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think what would possibly be good is a little montage somewhere of THAT Poyet team at the stadium.

Kusz, Bruno, Lopez, Orlandi, Vicente, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ulloa, Barnes, Murray, Greer, Calde, El Abd - all deserve a spot for me.

Obviously would never happen.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A legend to me is someone I will never forget and the stand out player so far in the Amex era is Vicente without a shadow of a doubt . The only player that could literally change the atmosphere in the ground to a man was Vicente. To me the amount of game time he got is irrelevant we had him here is enough for me & I am so lucky to have seen him play in the blue & white stripes.....

Here is "A Legend"

Watch and enjoy...........

[yt]0GJRBxQ3kII[/yt]

Actually watching that makes me feel sad looking at the crowds, how they rose in expectation everytime he got the ball...........

Boy whats happened to our club..........

I am off to have a little cry....

Addiseagull

Nov 30, 2005
This. Barnes was a rich man's Gary Hart IMO- would run through brick walls for the team and his technical ability was seriously underrated.

On the rare occasions he played with Vicente, he seemed to be one of the few players who was anywhere near the same wavelength.

Bang on. Such a shame that so many thought he was rubbish. None of them had a clue what they are talking about and Dyche has proved that.

Barnes on the Legends wall - without a doubt.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Vicente. 100% the most talented player to ever wear the shirt. I miss seeing him in an Albion top more than any other player we've lost in recent years.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If it was a legends wall, then Calde & Vicente the only two for me. But as it's supposed to be for "memorable moments", I'd say Buckley v Donny, Vicente v Derby, Ulloa v Forest & Spanish Dave v Palace. Plus anything of Calde who frankly should have a statue IMO.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
A legend to me is someone I will never forget and the stand out player so far in the Amex era is Vicente without a shadow of a doubt . The only player that could literally change the atmosphere in the ground to a man was Vicente. To me the amount of game time he got is irrelevant we had him here is enough for me & I am so lucky to have seen him play in the blue & white stripes.....

Here is "A Legend"

Watch and enjoy...........

[yt]0GJRBxQ3kII[/yt]

Actually watching that makes me feel sad looking at the crowds, how they rose in expectation everytime he got the ball...........

Boy whats happened to our club..........

I am off to have a little cry....

We're lacking anything even close to that at the moment. The only exciting player we have (in patches) is Lua Lua at his best. Anyway, how far away from fitness is he?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody yet as a true legend will have been at a club for some time and given his all plus more, as yet we havent been here long enough to established any legends.

Has to be Buckley for the opening day?

Calde disqualified for me for giving Bolasie the freedom of the park at the most crucial time in our short Amex era.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Vicente - the most skilful and exciting player I have ever seen play for us.

Calderon - it's Calde, what more justification is required?

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
A great Vicente performance was against Chelsea preseason. I know not a real game but He ran the game against the European champs and on the Chelsea board afterwards they were talking about buying him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here