Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which highly-rated players do you think are rubbish?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Interesting opinion. How come?

As others have called me out on - probably his persona more so, but I genuinely thought he was going to be a waste of money for United.. not convinced he wasn't, but passed his best by then possibly!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fair enough :lolol:

If I'm really going to nitpick is like to see those broken down into home and away, and of course its not the whole story because he's playing in one of the greatest club teams of all time. Obviously I'm wrong. But he's still too one footed for my liking ;)

Actually as an aside, going to the Nou Camp was one of the weirdest experiences as it felt more like being at the Lionel Messi live theatre show than a football match, with everyone there part of an audience going solely to see him. It was so far away from a normal football crowd we see in England.

Question: why is it only left-footed players that are "too one-footed"?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think Neymar is very good but I don't there's anything 'special' about him and have never understood how he's rated one of the best in the world.

Good call on the show pony. Don't like him and, when his career is over, I bet his stats are utterly trounced by Messi.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
As others have called me out on - probably his persona more so, but I genuinely thought he was going to be a waste of money for United.. not convinced he wasn't, but passed his best by then possibly!

Fair enough and a bold claim! I’ll commend you for that... But I can’t help but disagree. He’s had a long career, played for the best teams in the world and scored some mind-bendingly sensational goals while remaining at absolutely peak condition through this career, was the worlds most expensive player and won numerous titles including the UCL...but at the same time I think it would be an excellent topic to debate why he should be omitted from the world class list. Not to play devils advocate...but yeah, triggered a long internal debate. I think if the Q was, which players do you think are over rated then you might have a good case to argue...but not rubbish. I think a cult sensation.

0507C89D-4852-4A02-BEFD-E51A709EC290.jpeg

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Never understood the Ribery hype always looked bang average when I saw him play

In the PL

Zaha
Ozil
Mings
Alli
Stones

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ok. I'm gonna be controversial now and say Messi.

Great player, but I would of liked to see him play in another country as well as Spain. That's why I rate Ronaldo as a better player.

Apologies if this offends anybody!!

Hang on, didn’t he score a few against that footballing powerhouse Alaves FC last night? La Liga, the SPL in sunnier climes.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Roberto Firmino...not rubbish but overrated, and flattered by his team mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here