[Politics] Which gender do you most identify with?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which gender do you identify with?

• Man (Cis-gender)

Votes: 113 73.4%
  • Woman (Cis-gender)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Trans man

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Trans woman

• Intersex

• Non-Binary

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Genderqueer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi-gender

• Two-spirit

• Third-gender

• Pan-gender

• Gender fluid

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Omni-gender

• Gender non-conforming

• Gender-neutral

• Agender

• Gender-expansive

• Gender-void

• Other

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

A mature society would take no issues either way. Folk are who they are. If a person wishes to identify in a certain way that is their own journey. It makes no difference to mine.
the trouble is, this is where it starts, gender is social construct, no one really minds or cares. then there are those that want to start altering rights, and bleeding across from gender to sex, because sex has been clearly marked out as a differentiator in legal and other spheres. then you have people saying they'd like to maintain same-sex spaces and some differences respected, then end up with a trans woman calling for those people to be punched in the face. the discussion here has been fairly sensible and mature compared to the wider social media and public places this is being debated.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Perhaps if they had a nice hobby they’d forget about all this crazy stuff?
Perhaps it's not 'crazy' to them?
Perhaps they already have a 'nice hobby' – or even more than one?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is this a joke . There’s male , Female and a tiny minority of very confused people whose gender has been confused to them by something usually happening in their childhood . Sometimes it’s the fault of the parents as kids often outgrow stuff but sometimes it’s not the fault of anyone specific .

Everyone should be respected however but under no circumstances should anyone born a man be allowed to compete in a competition meant for women or use women’s loos .

Being respectful doesn’t mean trans people get a free pass to do whatever they feel like .
Thank you doctor :lolol: :facepalm:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
13.8% fancy a bit of the Other,I thought that would be much higher,well done Netflix you are doing your bit to reduce the overpopulated planet.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It’s nice and cosy to take the line “people can identify as they like, it’s none of my business - live and let live“.
There’s more to the gender debate than that though.
Not least in schools, where impressionable children are at risk of being exposed to what some might call wacky ideologies by teachers feeling under pressure to do the “right thing”.
As a parent of school age children it is concerning.

Ps
In the absence of an unconditional option for ‘man’ I voted other
The same argument was given about "wacky ideoligies" when teaching impressionable kids about same sex relationships, helping them become more understanding , and helping them understand that being LGB isnt wrong- i can see why some would find that subversive and dangerous, we could end up with well adjusted humans who care and understand about others who may be different-or understand that they are as valued and valid as anyone else- couldnt have that could we

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm a bloke, some people are Ladies and others have other ways of identifying, which is fine, all I ask is that people understand that at 61 I find it all a bit confusing but I'm getting my head around what I need to and wish everyone the best life
But you, and me for that matter, don’t need to understand it.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The same argument was given about "wacky ideoligies" when teaching impressionable kids about same sex relationships, helping them become more understanding , and helping them understand that being LGB isnt wrong- i can see why some would find that subversive and dangerous, we could end up with well adjusted humans who care and understand about others who may be different-or understand that they are as valued and valid as anyone else- couldnt have that could we
I would say sexuality is different. I am comfortable normalising different sexualties with my kids . Their auntie is gay so they don’t know any different to the idea of same sex people being together.
Personally Idon’t see gender variations as directly comparable . Fair enough ,you make some good points to counter that.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
14 so far voting other, how can there be other after that list of nonsense 😂
Here’s one…..’man’.
Not cis anything , just man

Dec 29, 2011
Most the problem comes from people not realising there is a difference between gender and sex. I was also one of these people until I took five minutes to understand it.

Now I'm not confused and I think gender fluidity is completely normal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What even is a cis?
I did find out but I forgot.
Stick around and you can be sure someone will be on hand to “educate” you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports