Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Which gender do you most identify with?

Which gender do you identify with?

• Man (Cis-gender)

Votes: 113 73.4%
  • Woman (Cis-gender)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Trans man

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Trans woman

• Intersex

• Non-Binary

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Genderqueer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi-gender

• Two-spirit

• Third-gender

• Pan-gender

• Gender fluid

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Omni-gender

• Gender non-conforming

• Gender-neutral

• Agender

• Gender-expansive

• Gender-void

• Other

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
oh i think its very much about the fear rather than real incidents. though there was the very real situation of a rapist going to female prison in Scotland a few months ago. the point is how do we address those fears without saying womens rights are not as important as trans rights? there's a whole campaign about this sort of thing in social media, its kicking up quite a bit of fuss.

and its #NonBinaryAwarenessWeek so this thread is very timely.
There is addressing fears, and there is pandering to prejudices.

The case to which you allude was absurd and should never have happened. Not till he'd had his undercarriage severed, anyway. And even then, solitary confinement may have been appropriate. I don't consider this emblematic of an endemic problem, though, any more than the case a few more years back where a racist was made to share a cell with a man of Asian heritage, and beat him to death on the first night of confinement. In any case, what happens in prison is not a paradigm of what happens at large, and I'd not prepare legislation promoting segregation based on the behavior of people behind bars.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Let’s not waste too much time over-exploring an issue that simply doesn’t exist.

Time would be better spent educating people that trans people are not a threat.
This, albeit back in 2017 might indicate otherwise. I was just looking to see whether or not your statement was valid.

"Half of all transgender prisoners are sex offenders or dangerous category A inmates"
Click here.

I have no idea of the agenda of "fair play for women".
I'm going to look a bit more to educate myself on whether statistics show trans people are a threat or not.

Evidence and data on Trans women's offending rate.

Ministry of Justice data 2020.
Sex offender rates amongst prisoners.
76 sex offenders of 129 transwomen= 58.9%
125 sex offenders of 3812 women=3.3%
13234 sex offenders of 78781 men = 16.8%

For the record.

I'm happy to let people proclaim to be who they want to be.
I think it's all got ridiculous pandering to a tiny vocal minority with gender neutral toilets or whatever they're called. For years, male and female toilets have been perfectly acceptable and safe ish.
I don't want my daughters and grand-daughters to have to be concerned whether the "lady" next to them in the queue for the toilets is a genuinely "confused" transsexual or just some sicko getting his kicks.
I reckon men are ahead of women with regard to sexual slutitude, (from my years of experience).
I think the majority of normal people think as I do and NSC isn't a representative cross section of society, NSC being so caring and accepting, however I haven't made my mind up whether they may be right whilst the rest of us including myself are just uncaring arseholes.

As an aside and separate from the gender issue.
In my mind society's heading down a very dangerous path toward an acceptance of all sexual predilections. I remember having a conversation possibly ten years ago suggesting that there were far too many experts ready to offer their favourable opinion on various sexual practices that would in time, slowly, eventually become more accepted.
Take a look at "minor attracted persons"
Sorry but unacceptable
There are far too many attention seeking weirdos wishing to be seen as trendy and right on. I do wonder about their motives.

I'm almost 58. Thus a dinosaur.
I don't wish for change for change's sake.
When I allow my mind to consider the nonsense going on out there at the moment I'm glad I don't have that many years left.
But I worry for my grand-kids and their kids with regard to what utterly fashionable bollocks they'll have presented to them as suitable and permissible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here