Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Which gender do you most identify with?

Which gender do you identify with?

• Man (Cis-gender)

Votes: 113 73.4%
  • Woman (Cis-gender)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Trans man

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Trans woman

• Intersex

• Non-Binary

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Genderqueer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi-gender

• Two-spirit

• Third-gender

• Pan-gender

• Gender fluid

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Omni-gender

• Gender non-conforming

• Gender-neutral

• Agender

• Gender-expansive

• Gender-void

• Other

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
given the poll is about what gender, CIS is not superfulous in this instance. In the context of the poll, Man could cover various options, CIS specifies that that option is for man who identify as the same gender as at birth.
What if you’re a man who doesn’t recognise the Cis-man label, I think was his point. Just a “man”. After all, this is how one labels themselves therefore no answer is incorrect. If you want to just be a “man” rather than a “cis-man” that’s our choice.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I choose to identify as unidentified.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
What if you’re a man who doesn’t recognise the Cis-man label, I think was his point. Just a “man”. After all, this is how one labels themselves therefore no answer is incorrect. If you want to just be a “man” rather than a “cis-man” that’s our choice.
i had a similar conversation with someone who didnt want to recognise the term Heterosexual- he wanted to be a straight man, not a heterosexual one .I think there was a poll that had homosexual man, bi man, heterosexual man.
If someobne doesnt want to identify with a medivcally and scientifically accepted term thats fine, however when being asked a specific question about the very thing that that term expressly identifies,not using it makes the answer meaningless, anyone on that poll who now identifies as man, would be correct to answer man, but it invalidates the entire poll. if you dont want to participate fine, dont, but whether the poster likes it or not, given that the question is directly relating to the gender a person identifies with NOW, the term CIS Man answers the question, Man does not

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Please, let's not. From the outside, the gender debate looks like older people rolling their eyes and shaking their heads at new fangled things that weren't the same in their day. They generally respond with silly jokes about what they could choose to identify as. Behind this, there is a concerted effort on behalf of the Christian right, enabled by useful idiots, to scapegoat and persecute innocent people. This has gone far beyond polite intellectual debate over the balancing of trans rights with female spaces and has become a crusade against a minority group. Increasingly, in the US the health care that they and their doctors believe is appropriate is being banned entirely for ideological reasons. It is starting with the gender non-conforming, but be in no doubt that if this is successful, LGB people will be the next target. It is masquerading as a defence of women's rights, but those from the American right who are now at the forefront of this attack are no supporters of women's rights either. In fact, they are the same people who have gerrymandered for years to get Roe vs Wade repealed. Martin Niemoller's famous quotation needs to be heeded. The rights of those under attack are our rights too. If their freedoms are removed, all of our freedoms are diminished.

Don't let these people set the agenda. They have nothing practical or positive to contribute to improving our lives. Their only two tactics are division and fear. (Division and fear and surprise and a fanatical devotion to the pope).

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There are 2 sexes, Gender theory is dangerous nonsense.

Cis is a non consensual label and I do not consent.
there is a difference between sex and gender- its not dangerous nonsense. Do I fully understand it-not particularly but that doesnt make it nonsense. What is dangerous is dismissing something as nonsense something that causes real distress and problems for a minority of people. Imagine a child of yours who was not CIS gender and really struggling to understand what was happening, and your advice was its all nonsense?

Do some people "play up" and use it for effect-and maybe sell records? probably, but that doesnt make those who are genuinley affected any less valid and they require understanding, not being dismissed as nonsense

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I don't feel the need to call myself something trendy and special so I'm just a man. A grumpy old man.
F***ing trendy nonsense. What a load of old sh**e.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not if it is qualified by adding the superfluous CIS.
There's a certain irony about 'blokes' getting all snowflakey about a poll about different genders that doesn't state theirs as SPECIFICALLY as they would like :lolol:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
There's a certain irony about 'blokes' getting all snowflakey about a poll about different genders that doesn't state theirs as SPECIFICALLY as they would like :lolol:
I don't recognise the term CIS.... a Man or a Woman.... it is as simple as that in my view... but hey, you carry on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't recognise the term CIS.... a Man or a Woman.... it is as simple as that in my view... but hey, you carry on.
So just ignore the bit in brackets, then? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here