Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which game will be “the game too far”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Isn’t the dandruff line Red Dwarf, from “Confidence and Paranoia”? The actor (Lee Cornes) was also in Bottom though as “Dick Head”, the landlord of the Lamb and Flag pub. He was also a member of Blackadder’s firing squad…
I knew it as I typed it. Absolutely correct. A tremendous comedic contribution across the piece from that man. And he was one of the guards in Blackadder's impwisinment by the pwince (Hugh Laurie) who "was that sheep".

And well spotted by you :bowdown:

(Good trope though, eh? :lolol: )

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I knew it as I typed it. Absolutely correct. A tremendous comedic contribution across the piece from that man. And he was one of the guards in Blackadder's impwisinment by the pwince (Hugh Laurie) who "was that sheep".

And well spotted by you :bowdown:

(Good trope though, eh? :lolol: )
Absolutely! This is my oeuvre, give me Blackadder, Bottom, Alan Partridge, Red Dwarf and its ilk and I am greeeat (spoken as Richard Richard). Everything else less so. Anyway, best wishes from all the lads on the Ark Royal!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For full derailment, we are now about to watch Red Dwarf 8, the shit series which, on third viewing, is actually quite enjoyable. The captain's repetitious repeating of the repetitious list of what the dinosaur eat, notwithstanding. Clever. That's what it is.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you take each individual week, it's pretty much three games a week - but overall it's 9 games in 34 days, or one every 3.7 days.

Wednesday
Saturday
Thursday
Monday
Sunday
Thursday
Sunday
Wednesday
Sunday
Busy. I fear that last Thursday. 😃

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
For full derailment, we are now about to watch Red Dwarf 8, the shit series which, on third viewing, is actually quite enjoyable. The captain's repetitious repeating of the repetitious list of what the dinosaur eat, notwithstanding. Clever. That's what it is.
Seven it starts getting rough… the same jokes every week (“space core directive”, the salutes etc) and I can’t stand Chloë Annett in Series 8. I’m re-watching in order roughly a series a week (NOW TV) and dreading no Rimmer!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you take each individual week, it's pretty much three games a week - but overall it's 9 games in 34 days, or one every 3.7 days.
But it's not.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
:laugh:As I said I still think we will get top six but the squad is thinly stretched now and it's inevitably going to trip us up at some point. I'll go for Southampton at home!
That’s not much of a prediction. The home side is yet to win a Premier League game in matches between Brighton and Southampton.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes - okay. Sunday/Wednesday/Sunday is eight days. But it 'feels' like a week!
However as I have posted it's not and in the middle there's a period of Monday to Sunday. Again as I've posted we don't leave lancing after the Forest game until the 18th May Newcastle. Three home games and the short trip to Arsenal. That's the other side of this "huge" fixture list.

Just when we are playing more games we have the huge benefit of not having to decamp all over the country.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Wednesday
Saturday
Thursday
Monday
Sunday
Thursday
Sunday
Wednesday
Sunday

I just did some maths.

A week is 7 days.

If we play a game every 3.7 days that means that we play 2 games every 7.4 days. This means that we play almost 2 games a week rather than 3 games a week doesn’t it? Unless you are counting 3 in one week then one in the next week to avoid double counting.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
However as I have posted it's not and in the middle there's a period of Monday to Sunday. Again as I've posted we don't leave lancing after the Forest game until the 18th May Newcastle. Three home games and the short trip to Arsenal. That's the other side of this "huge" fixture list.

Just when we are playing more games we have the huge benefit of not having to decamp all over the country.

I just did some maths.

A week is 7 days.

If we play a game every 3.7 days that means that we play 2 games every 7.4 days. This means that we play almost 2 games a week rather than 3 games a week doesn’t it? Unless you are counting 3 in one week then one in the next week to avoid double counting.
Yes, yes - I agree with you both. In fact, I initially put 'that's actually only about 2 games a week' but took it out before pressing 'reply'. I think the point I was making is that it's actually about 2 games a week - but on a Sunday morning, looking at three games by the following Sunday afternoon it 'feels' like 3 in a week. Although it's not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Injuries mounting, players now facing regular 3 games a week. It will inevitably catch up with us at some point. Maybe Wednesday at Forest or Wolves at home? I still think we will get top six but where will be the inevitable bump in the road?
Spurs away - 11 vs. 13

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, yes - I agree with you both. In fact, I initially put 'that's actually only about 2 games a week' but took it out before pressing 'reply'. I think the point I was making is that it's actually about 2 games a week - but on a Sunday morning, looking at three games by the following Sunday afternoon it 'feels' like 3 in a week. Although it's not.
But there's a lot of negatives being posted I have attempted to put positives.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seven it starts getting rough… the same jokes every week (“space core directive”, the salutes etc) and I can’t stand Chloë Annett in Series 8. I’m re-watching in order roughly a series a week (NOW TV) and dreading no Rimmer!
Be gentle with it. We just watched what may be the last episode of series 8, recorded in 1999 (which was released in December 82, love a bit of Prince, me) and I laughed out loud repeatedly.

It isn't 'Red Dwarf'. Chloë Annett isn't Claire Grogan. And Rimmer reappeared with NO explanation. But, whatever. This is England and we just find a way to muddle through, wartime spirit, never mind the detail. And that's the end of my contribution to today's NSC story arc :drool: :ROFLMAO::O:drool:

Take good care of each other.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Are the injuries mounting? Steele is fit. Veltman is fit. Lallana is back in training. Ferguson hopefully back in the next game or two, looked fine walking about the Wembley pitch. Even Moder is back in training. Except Lamptey, which we dont really have an details on, we could have everyone available for the run in...
Not to be negative but I think the Sarmiento injury has set us back a little. He wasn't starting but was always lively when he came on. Hardly a huge number of injuries still.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not to be negative but I think the Sarmiento injury has set us back a little. He wasn't starting but was always lively when he came on. Hardly a huge number of injuries still.
True. But in the games Sarmiento has been missing Enciso has stepped up. Unlikely they’d both be getting lots of minutes if fit, they’re very similar.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think he might make quite a few changes for tomorrow. Suggested by the sports science team. Some very leggy players on Sunday. Lots ofngroins and muscles being felt as they trudged off. So I predict a weird disjointed performance tomorrow (but hopefully enough to get it done) and then back on board the dominating games and flying into Europe train from Wolves onwards with bo FA Cup Final on players minds.

I also think we are going to be the team to upset Newcastle. There I've said it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I also think we are going to be the team to upset Newcastle. There I've said it.
Given the choice I'd much rather piss on Aston Villa's chips.

I can't think of anything better football-wise than going there last game of the season already assured of a European place but with them needing a win, and then rolling in a last minute equaliser and singing "we're all going on European tour" with the rest of Villa Park in stunned silence and Brentford taking their European spot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here