Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Film Scene has got you. I mean REALLY got you ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In Love Actually, when Emma Thompson's character excitedly chooses a Christmas present to open, imagining it to be a beautiful necklace she knows her husband, played by Alan Rickman, to have bought. When she opens it, she discovers he's bought her a Joni Mitchell CD, and given the necklace to his secretary.

That moment when she does the brief sob, followed by the very British stiff upper lip, mustn't grumble, put-a-brave-face-on-it for the kids' school play, gets me every time.

Or, like several people, it seems, "You had me at hello" :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrP-pwDayE

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
moon, solaris, and oblivion all have some moments that capture the awe of the love of humanity.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
My Dog Skip. The bit at the end where it's being narrated and the dog dies on the lad's bed. Every bloody time.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
On the subject of crying at things we watch, anyone else blub watching that Robinson's advert...my excuse is I've got a 7 month old son but it kills me every time I see it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Quite a few scenes of the Deer Hunter always gets me !!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Death of the kestrel in Kes

Death of the otter in Ring of Bright Water

Death of the mother deer in Bambi

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Death of the kestrel in Kes

Death of the otter in Ring of Bright Water

Death of the mother deer in Bambi

You are very unlike your user name then, cats kill with impunity

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You are very unlike your user name then, cats kill with impunity

As do many animals: what's the big deal with cats doing it?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
In Love Actually, when Emma Thompson's character excitedly chooses a Christmas present to open, imagining it to be a beautiful necklace she knows her husband, played by Alan Rickman, to have bought. When she opens it, she discovers he's bought her a Joni Mitchell CD, and given the necklace to his secretary.

That moment when she does the brief sob, followed by the very British stiff upper lip, mustn't grumble, put-a-brave-face-on-it for the kids' school play, gets me every time.

Or, like several people, it seems, "You had me at hello" :cry:

You've got me going again now Edna:cry::cry::cry: and when she smooths the bed sheet down with her hand when there isn't any creases on it the poor women doesn't know which way to turn
All this playing out while Joni Mitchell is singing "both sides now" in the background

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
For me, it's the early 70s sci fi film Silent Running.
It's about a botanist on a space station who is in charge of the last of earths plant life, ends up killing himself.
Very grim story for a Disney film...
Dunno what it is, maybe it's a strong reminder of being a really young kid when I first saw it, but when I saw it again in the mid 90s (I was about 25), it destroyed me. I couldn't get a grip for a couple or more hours.
I still can't watch it now.
There's a song in it called 'Rejoice In The Sun by Joan Baez. Just ruins me when it comes on in the film.
I must confess that I refused to watch Schindlers List with my flat mate & his lady. I booked in to watch it on my own as I knew I was going to find it impossible not to blub.
Yeah, I must be too soft, but I like to think it maybe makes me more 'human' than some.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Also, when I was a kid...greyfriers bobby...where the Scotty dog goes and lies on his dead owners grave.......oh god now I am all snivvly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here