Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Film Scene has got you. I mean REALLY got you ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When my laura was born, she was 4 and a half weeks early and really tiny..anyway we had to take her to the royal alex in dyke road and it was not the best of times for us...at the same. Time, the series Edge of Life was on the box about very premature babies. One episode was the most horrible thing I have ever seen on telly where they followed the parents of a couple of babies who didn't make it and they showed the mum, " bonding" with the recently deceased child.

Thankfully laura has grown up into the apple of my eye and she is a lovely young lady...as is her sister Bex and I am proud as punch of them both.

You did that Dave. A great bloke and a great Dad.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
When my laura was born, she was 4 and a half weeks early and really tiny..anyway we had to take her to the royal alex in dyke road and it was not the best of times for us...at the same. Time, the series Edge of Life was on the box about very premature babies. One episode was the most horrible thing I have ever seen on telly where they followed the parents of a couple of babies who didn't make it and they showed the mum, " bonding" with the recently deceased child.

Thankfully laura has grown up into the apple of my eye and she is a lovely young lady...as is her sister Bex and I am proud as punch of them both.

That story has made my day GW.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Top thread Unc'. :clap2:

For whatever reasons, Michael Mann's 'Manhunter' has some very emotional moments for me. The scene where 'The Tooth Fairy' takes his blind female colleague/intended victim to listen to the aneasthatised Tiger's heartbeat made me weep excessively. The same can be said the moment Maximus says: "At my command, unleash Hell" (and the ensuing build-up & exicution of that very thing happening). Oh, and then there's those overwhelming moments in American Beauty that fully open the taps of my waterworks...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

What a brilliant parent & person you are Dave. That's the most moving post I've seen on here for a very long time.

Thank you & an even bigger X to you than usual.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Feed the birds, tuppence a bag' from Mary Poppins. Especially when the full orchestra comes in.

Plenty of others that are too personal to recount . . . .

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
never really cried at a film before recently... you know cos i'm well manly... but watched 7pounds with will smith, and cried for about 45 minutes!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
never really cried at a film before recently... you know cos i'm well manly... but watched 7pounds with will smith, and cried for about 45 minutes!

That is a damn good call. I loved this film. LOVED it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The start of the film. Call to emergency. " I want to report a suicide " Who is it ? " Me "

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a brilliant parent & person you are Dave. That's the most moving post I've seen on here for a very long time.

Thank you & an even bigger X to you than usual.

Thanks twinx!!!

:blush: Xxxxxxxxxx

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What did Will Smith say with you say blubbering next to him? ???

Sorry, reminds me of one of the first radio 'I'm Alan Partridge', when he had the precocious young boy Simon Fisher on who asked if he'd seen Hamlet, and when Alan says yes, the boy says "I saw it with Alan Rickman, who did you see it with?" AP "My wife Carol" Boy "No, who was the lead", AP "Hamlet"...

Brilliant.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Can't find the scene but 'It's a Wonderful Life' when the young James Stewart stops his boss at the Drug Store giving out the wrong drug and gets his bad ear slapped. As the realisation dawns on the old man's face . . . makes me wanna blub thinking about it now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In Love Actually, when Emma Thompson's character excitedly chooses a Christmas present to open, imagining it to be a beautiful necklace she knows her husband, played by Alan Rickman, to have bought. When she opens it, she discovers he's bought her a Joni Mitchell CD, and given the necklace to his secretary.

That moment when she does the brief sob, followed by the very British stiff upper lip, mustn't grumble, put-a-brave-face-on-it for the kids' school play, gets me every time.

Or, like several people, it seems, "You had me at hello" :cry:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo Wail Blub boo hoo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here