Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Which famous person will you be DISTRAUGHT at losing from this world?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
For some reason I was disproportionately upset (about someone I'd never met) when Roy Castle died, I guess that was about my childhood.

I went to the filming of Record Breakers many moons ago and met Roy Castle (Cheryl Baker and Kriss Akabusi too) and he was definitely one of the good guys, pleasant to speak to, seemed to enjoy being around people even though it wasn't long before his death so he was almost certainly not in a good way. Really nice bloke.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
7 pages and only one woman “your mum “

I’ll add Kylie, Harriet Wheeler and Liz Frazer

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Distraught? None, I don’t know them :shrug:

But having seen the post above mine, yeah I would be distraught about TB

Pure selfishness though

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Distraught, No . Sad for some of the families Yes, Mostly music people...................TB definitely but odds are I'll beat him to it!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Joni Mitchell. Been a fan since the 70s and on some dark days she has been the only artist I have been able to listen to.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Two for me, both musicians.

First Billy Currie of Ultravox fame, fantastic keyboard player and violinist and secondly Gary Numan, still producing current music into his 60s.

These guys were a big part of my growing up through the late 70s and early 80s, their musical styles had a massive impact on me and formed much of my taste in current music.

I would miss both if they were no longer here!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sir David Attenborough.

As a young kid we'd go round to grandparents on a Sunday and all sit watching Sir Dave's latest adventures, as I sit watching with my kids now. Still working at 96. He will leave a great vacuum when he's gone. He's royalty to me at least. Enjoying his latest work in Frozen Planet 2. His voice now contains all the sorrow and frustration at the state of the natural world that he will soon leave behind, and yet it's still filled with wonder, joy and passion. He is a genuine legend.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I think she was the last of that ilk, I cannot think of anyone whose death will effect people globally as hers.

Obviously when Roy Chubby Brown or Jim Davidson goes I will raise a glass, but certainly won't openly cry as I did two weeks ago today.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
None, especially if they're old. It's what happens. Felt absolutely nothing on the queen's passing, cannot understand the reaction of many.

I felt gutted at john smith's death, this country would have been in a much better place if he'd not died, such a loss.

More recently Jamie Branch, fantastically talented - so sad losing such talent so young.

But devastated? No. That is for those close to me, not some stranger.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But sure... David Attenborough is the real king of England.
If we had an elected ceremonial presidential head of state, David Attenborough would win by a landslide. He is a national treasure.

Another vote for Fry here, along with Richard Osman, Michael Palin, and David Gower

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
None, especially if they're old. It's what happens. Felt absolutely nothing on the queen's passing, cannot understand the reaction of many.

I felt gutted at john smith's death, this country would have been in a much better place if he'd not died, such a loss.

More recently Jamie Branch, fantastically talented - so sad losing such talent so young.

But devastated? No. That is for those close to me, not some stranger.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

I kind of get it with the age thing. Ford is getting on now, but it will still be a shock when he goes.

When Taylor Hawkins died earlier this year it was a MASSIVE hammer blow to me, especially being almost the same age as each other. The younger they are the more upsetting it is, I agree.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Pauline Black, always fancied her. Hasn't aged since the 80's. Met her a couple of years ago, so easy to talk to. Very intelligent woman.

Suggs

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Steven Allan Spielberg

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I thought hard.... none came close to QEII ..

I think at 59, I come from a generation that had plenty of heroes and Heroines to admire,... sadly most of the key ones are already gone... for me Churchill, Spike Milligan and Peter Sellers..... I will miss Ozzie Osborne when he pops off... maybe also the crazy skill of Angus Young.... Attenborough of course as a Brit institution.

None will bring me a lump in my throat however.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here