Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Which famous person will you be DISTRAUGHT at losing from this world?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Lennon's death hit me like a rocket though. Had to call in sick - couldn't face work! My old boss - old in my view then, I'm older now than he was then! - understood and didn''t say a word, bless him!

My dad was at school with John Lennon. Quarrybank I think it was.

I remember my dad saying to me when I was quite young "I hope that **** Mark Chapman rots in hell for what he did" It's the only time he's ever said anything about Lennon's death. It shocked me really. When Imagine has played on the radio, he's never said a word. That affected him.

Anyways, I didn't want to turn this into a morbid thread. Bloody international breaks!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Agree with others who have said 'distraught' is the wrong word.

Having said that, any of Mick, Keith, or Ronnie would make me very sad.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Agree with others who have said 'distraught' is the wrong word.

It probably was. But I've been lucky enough to meet both Sir David Jason and Ronnie O'Sullivan. Both great men who were so polite and have brought hours of joy and happiness when I've felt bad.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Caroline Ahearne was desperately sad at such a young age. I remember where I was when I learnt of her death.

So much great work and such a funny and intelligent woman.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Distraught for a famous person hasn’t happened to me in 55 years, although I was sadder about Bowies death than I thought I’d be.

My favourite band since I was a child is Sparks, so if anything happened to Ron or Russ I’m not sure how I would react as they have been with me all my life.

With regards to the passing of The Queen (although it probably won’t sit well with some on here) I was considerably more saddened by the shooting of a nine year old child in her own home

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was pretty down when Ayrton Senna died. Having come back from a defeat at Reading away the day before (I think), I was already pretty fed up.

I was watching Not Going Out last night, and not sure why, but thought 'it would be awful if Sally Bretton or Lee Mack died young'.

As said by others, Rik was awful when he went. Lucky enough to have met him 3 times and he was such a nice bloke.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
The one I worry most about is Shilts, just a few weeks younger than me.

Sadly I missed his last games at the O's, he was down to play in the 4-4 match at the Goldstone but pulled out at the last minute. Instead they fielded (not in goal!) Butch Wilkins. Who died far too young:nono:

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Clint Eastwood 92 years old - 72 films/tv series from 1955 - 2021
'Get off my lawn' - 'Make my day' - 'Do you feel lucky punk' and a hundred other one liners.
I'll miss him when he has gone - but I can still watch his back catalogue for years to come.

"Right hand, Clyde..."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taylor Hawkin's death impacted me more than I thought it would, and I'm not even a Foo Fighters fan. I have seen and read him being interviewed many times and I simply loved his enthuisam for music. I always had the impression he was a fanboy first, drummer second. The former obviously informed the latter and made him what he was. I guess his enthusiasm rubbed off on me a lot more than I thought. RIP.

As for current people, I guess Jagger.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Distraught? No-one famous.
It is sad when any young person goes before their time, but I can only imagine being distraught if my wife, our children or grandson were to die.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't imagine being distraught for any famous person but I was sad when Paul Ritter died as he not only was a great actor but was the same age as me.

I suspect I'll be very upset when Paul Weller dies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here