Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Which famous person will you be DISTRAUGHT at losing from this world?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just watched Doc Martin on the TV in the background.

Martin Clunes has done some amazing stuff. Loved Men Behaving Badly as well.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
David Jason is a great shout.

Stephen Fry for me. Blackadder, Jeeves & Wooster, QI, some brilliant travel documentaries, fascinating history books and perfect narration of the Harry Potter audiobooks. Someone who made being knowledgeable and fiercely intelligent ‘cool’.

Mr Fry has a few years to go I would hope! Agree with the rest of your post... :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Attenborough’s a great shout, an amazing person, what a life lived, everyone owes him a debt of gratitude.

I love Michael Palin. A great life story, a genius wit and still such an interesting character. Read a fantastic interview the other day.

Plus I want all my music heroes to live forever (those still here).

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Distraught... no one over 80 tbh. Could get a bit "aww, I liked that person..." but when they're that old, nature is what it is. I save being distraught for younger ones, particularly those with young families.

But sure... David Attenborough is the real king of England.

Totally agree about the age thing. Queen Elizabeth was 96 and had comparatively recently lost her beloved Philip, a companion of over 70 years. She was probably ready to go.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The famous people dying in my lifetime who affected me most were Robert Kennedy (much more than his brother), Martin Luther King and John Lennon - all far too young.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
David Attenborough

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Palin, Fry, Attenborough all great shouts.

I’d add David Gower, John Simpson and Paul McCartney.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Totally agree about the age thing. Queen Elizabeth was 96 and had comparatively recently lost her beloved Philip, a companion of over 70 years. She was probably ready to go.

Yes, but Sir David at 96 is still going at it for Environment and Conservation, would hope he carries his bat past his Century...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Nope I definitely can’t think of anyone, I was very upset earlier on this year when my friends dog died as I regularly looked after this dog, but I don’t think anyone famous passing away would upset me as I don’t personally know them.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
For me, McCartney who has been an icon throughout my life and whose music I have enjoyed since early 60s. Maybe he has been performing live a bit too long but I’ll never forget the day Lennon died when I went into work and bumped into one of my mates who was also into his music. We just looked at each other and said nothing. Gobsmacked.
But even that wasn’t as bad as when I learned of Barry Rees dying. I cried for a week.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Attenborough’s a great shout, an amazing person, what a life lived, everyone owes him a debt of gratitude.

You can count me out of your everyone thank you.
He should retire, he’s spent a lifetime flying around the world banging on about animals shagging and eating each other and now is preaching about climate change.
:moo: :whistle:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I went to 5 young funerals whilst in my 20s - which believe me was devastating especially when young kids are left behind. I therefore don’t get too upset at those that are old (over70). dying but I ain’t ever speaking at a funeral.

I also don’t think I’d get devastated by someone I don’t know (I.e. famous) dying, Tony Bloom could have a devastating affect on the Albion just look at the impact of Jack Walker’s death on Blackburn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here