Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion player has annoyed you the most since you started watching the Albion?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leon Best.

I remember finishing off my pint and getting ready to get the train to the ground, only to see Best in the starting lineup.. Went back to the bar and ordered another pint.

From the reaction of those who went, I made the correct decision.

Wow - you actually missed the whole game because he was playing ?!?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Recently it was Liam Ridgewell. A huge bell-end before, during and after he signed for us.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Interesting choice and I see where you’re coming from. But for a couple of seasons r so he was magnificent for us. Right from that Leicester (?) friendly when he scored 2 goals, one of which was classsss I recall.

It was because he was so talented and good to start with that he annoyed me so much. Had everything to be a top class player but wasted his talent.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Ashley Barnes

What?

Yoda

English & European
Ali Al-Habsi

What a complete waste of time and money in signing him on loan was. Brought in for a month as Stockdale was injured, played one game, then due to not being allowed to field him against Wigan (his parent club) and buggered off on international duty for the next two.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Stephen Dobbie, Sam Vokes and Akpom all frustrated me. Kemy Agustien take the title though of my most annoying player ever.

Interesting 3 of these 4 were the end of the Poyet years.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Leon Best.

I remember finishing off my pint and getting ready to get the train to the ground, only to see Best in the starting lineup.. Went back to the bar and ordered another pint.

From the reaction of those who went, I made the correct decision.

Towards the end of Hughton's first season we played Bournemouth on a Friday night.

I had the day off and due to the train problems the journey over to Brighton was painfully slow. By the time I got to Brighton Station the que for the trains to Falmer snaked out of the station by the taxi-tank, along the front of the station and back in through the main entrance (by WH Smith's).

As you can imagine, I joined the que in a pretty foul mood but what topped it off was when the team-news came through and Leon Best was upfront on his own. That was it for me, I just turned round, went back through the ticket barriers and jumped back on the train I had just got off, as it was going back the way it came. I then followed the game from the comfort of my own home.

We lost.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ashley Barnes

What?

DEFINITELY mine… but in the main it wasn’t his fault. Played LW he was utterly wasted by Poyet. Play him through the middle or as a second striker and he was mustard.

Then he went and booted the red up in the air as well and now he just pisses me off playing for Burnley.

Nearly all wholly irrational reasons but that’s the way it should be with a player you love to hate.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
53DD079B-731E-4FD4-9228-19945ADA0B0B.jpeg

Why oh why ?

Even 35 years on, the thought of him being selected for the 1986 FA Cup Quarter Final vs Stains, still brings a tear to my eye :wozza:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know he's just died but Allan Gilliver.

Brushed aside by defenders in the box.

I was only a lad but I felt let down.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Les Briley total and utter dog shit and was so slow I have seen milk turn faster must be one of the worst players for us ever at the 2nd level of football

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another vote for Gavin Hoyte.

He was so bad it was unreal. I think was annoyed because he was there playing when a gazillion other better players weren’t.

In terms of annoying I do actually remember screaming “Get it forward Stephens!” On many occasions….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dean Saunders in his last season missed every sitter that came his way and surprise surprise we got relegated, he either hated BL or the Albion.

More recently Charlie Oatway never warmed to him bang average player IMO. Annoyed me more when he sided with Poyet and not his employer..bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here