Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion player has annoyed you the most since you started watching the Albion?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
There's been a few. All pretty obvious choices though, Leon Best, Chuba Akpom, Robbie Savage, Leon Knight, Aaron Connolly, Colin Kazim-Richards (incidentally, when I type Kazim into my phone, it suggested "laziness")

Jake Forster-Caskey used to wind me up with his wastefulness, same with Baz Savage (probably an unpopular opinion)

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That ****wit we loaned from Villa about 7 years ago. Gary Gardner. Pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jake Robinson - nice kid and had all the promise to be the next Zamora but failed to deliver.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another shout for Bob Cod.

But I do take issue with some of the comments about him.

My reason for naming Bob is because he could do 'it', he was the absolute business.
He made players who were deemed so much better than him look ordinary by comparison...

...when the TV cameras were at the match.

Playing now he'd have to build an extension to his house just for his trophy cabinet.

Playing then he was phenomenal twice a season - at best.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with most of the loan players mentioned but, for me, I used to find Neil Smillie incredibly frustrating.

Swapped for Albion legend Gary Williams, he only scored 2 in 75 appearances for us, although he did reserve one of his best games for the 1983 Cup Final. It's a shame he couldn't have played like that more often.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Leon Best.

I remember finishing off my pint and getting ready to get the train to the ground, only to see Best in the starting lineup.. Went back to the bar and ordered another pint.

From the reaction of those who went, I made the correct decision.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
2 replies in and not one vote for Leon Best yet?! Surprised.

This. I've never seen a player try as little as Leon Best. I remember one match where the biggest cheer of the day came when he got subbed off.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Without doubt Foster Caskey Seemed to have lots of ability but took easy route every game in and around centre circle playing short passes. Always seemed afraid to do anything different and make attacking runs. Just shows you can make a living as a footballer by being average.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Akpom - from the arrogant I’ve already made it/ignore supporters with headphones gen ... but a lazy f@cker on the pitch, he patently didn’t give a shit.

Probably just interested in sports cars and females, a wages thief who disrespected us punters.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The Bridcutt saga when he handed in a transfer request. The entire Poyet/Sunderland/Bridcutt/Buckley period was annoying and regardless of what they say retrospectively about just wanting to play at a higher level, it just felt unsavoury and disrespectful.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leon Knight

Inspired my user name then his attitude took over from his talent!

Interesting choice and I see where you’re coming from. But for a couple of seasons r so he was magnificent for us. Right from that Leicester (?) friendly when he scored 2 goals, one of which was classsss I recall.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Gavin Hoyte

This has to be mine too. I watched him amble back to half arsed get a ball our keeper had saved and just not try. I rang Harry’s phone in proper ranting…. Took a lot to get me that wound up with a player!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here