Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 5 games do you think will be televised?

Which 5 games do you think will be televised?

• Southampton or Ipswich Town v Crystal Palace

Votes: 40 14.9%
  • Cambridge United v Manchester United

Votes: 250 92.9%
  • Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Chelsea v Millwall or Bradford City

Votes: 152 56.5%
  • Derby County v Scunthorpe United or Chesterfield

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Preston North End v Sheffield United

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion

Votes: 126 46.8%
  • Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth

Votes: 151 56.1%
  • Cardiff City v Reading

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers

Votes: 67 24.9%
  • Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal

Votes: 228 84.8%
  • Rochdale v Stoke City

Votes: 75 27.9%
  • Sunderland v Fulham or Wolverhampton Wanderers

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City v Everton or West Ham United

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Manchester City v Middlesbrough

Votes: 84 31.2%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the best games (personally) are the games with a chance of an actual upset - Rochadale v Forest, Southampton V Ipswich etc.

I still have no idea why the Palace game was on

Because at this stage of the competition its all about the minnows, the ones who have fought through x number of rounds to get an appearance in the 3rd Round proper. We've got another 5 rounds to see the FL and PL clubs (who feature on TV quite regularly enough anyway). If a non-league club makes it to the 3rd/4th round then they deserve that extra cash windfall from TV, plus the national exposure. Its FAR more interesting seeing the likes of them playing against the "big boys" in their ramshackle grounds.

Southampton v Ipswich - seriously ??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Because at this stage of the competition its all about the minnows, the ones who have fought through x number of rounds to get an appearance in the 3rd Round proper. We've got another 5 rounds to see the FL and PL clubs (who feature on TV quite regularly enough anyway). If a non-league club makes it to the 3rd/4th round then they deserve that extra cash windfall from TV, plus the national exposure. Its FAR more interesting seeing the likes of them playing against the "big boys" in their ramshackle grounds.

Southampton v Ipswich - seriously ??

Two entertaining teams in good form, its better than watching a team defend for 90 minutes!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think the best games (personally) are the games with a chance of an actual upset - Rochadale v Forest, Southampton V Ipswich etc.

I still have no idea why the Palace game was on

Well that certainly puts the Amex in the frame....Providing they don't have any injury problems, I could see Arsenal springing a shock here. :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Two entertaining teams in good form, its better than watching a team defend for 90 minutes!

No its not. Really, its not.

Its not always got to be about the quality of the football on show. We get bombarded with the so-called "best teams" week in, week out throughout the season, and half the time seeing two well matched teams can be FAR from entertaining anyway.

Whenever the minnow is the home side I cherish these mismatches, and there's always a sliver of hope that you'll see a shock. Its the rarity element that gives these ties their value. What was more entertaining this last round - Arsenal v Hull, or Wimbledon v Liverpool ? No contest is it ? (I appreciate Wimbledon are in the League but there's still a chasm betweem the clubs). THATS what I wanna see, not some snoozeworthy tie like Southampton v Ipswich or Blackburn v Swansea, wheres the story in that ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cambridge vs Man United - Fairly obvious
Aston Villa vs Bournemouth - Lowest scorers in the Premier League vs top scorers in the Championship - could be interesting.
Rochdale vs Stoke - Rochdale knocked Forest out at home in the last round, potential upset again.
Chelsea vs Millwall/Bradford - Either going to be a rather heated rival game or involving a team which caused one of the biggest recent cupsets.
Brighton vs Arsenal - Current cup holders against a lowly Championship side who are known for causing occasional upsets, the game 2 years ago was pretty close and exciting too.

To whoever picked Cardiff vs Reading - why ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No its not. Really, its not.

Its not always got to be about the quality of the football on show. We get bombarded with the so-called "best teams" week in, week out throughout the season, and half the time seeing two well matched teams can be FAR from entertaining anyway.

Whenever the minnow is the home side I cherish these mismatches, and there's always a sliver of hope that you'll see a shock. Its the rarity element that gives these ties their value. What was more entertaining this last round - Arsenal v Hull, or Wimbledon v Liverpool ? No contest is it ? (I appreciate Wimbledon are in the League but there's still a chasm betweem the clubs). THATS what I wanna see, not some snoozeworthy tie like Southampton v Ipswich or Blackburn v Swansea, wheres the story in that ?

Exactly. From what I saw of the highlights the Blyth game looked bloody brilliant!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly. From what I saw of the highlights the Blyth game looked bloody brilliant!

Agreed. Pathetic that it wasn't picked for live coverage, and thats not hinsdsight from how it turned out, it always had the makings of a cracking tie. Not ONE match was televised live on Saturday, so why this one wasn't picked for a lunchtime or 5.30 on Saturday I have not the foggiest. Blyth could have done with the £140k windfall as well, but oh no, lets give it to Arsenal instead.

Ridiculous.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Agreed. Pathetic that it wasn't picked for live coverage, and thats not hinsdsight from how it turned out, it always had the makings of a cracking tie. Not ONE match was televised live on Saturday, so why this one wasn't picked for a lunchtime or 5.30 on Saturday I have not the foggiest. Blyth could have done with the £140k windfall as well, but oh no, lets give it to Arsenal instead.

Ridiculous.

Personally, I can see why Arsenal vs Hull was picked - re-run of the previous final, fair enough.

Picking Everton vs West Ham for tonight however instead of Blyth vs Birmingham was an awful decision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally, I can see why Arsenal vs Hull was picked - re-run of the previous final, fair enough.

Picking Everton vs West Ham for tonight however instead of Blyth vs Birmingham was an awful decision.

The Arsenal v Hull tie was not THAT big a deal though, just because it was the final last time round. Its such a "meh" fixture in its own right, thats what should drive the decision.

Everton v West Ham is indeed another snoozefest. A run-of-the-mill Prem fixture with a couple of scratch teams in front of a half-empty Goodison will tell its own tale. Why do TV execs think anyone would be bothered about this game ? Are there REALLY enough potential Everton / West Ham fans in the TV audience to justify selling this to TV for the ads ? Surely more neutrals would tune in to a proper FA Cup tie rather than this dross.

At least last nights was a treat, a genuinely cracking tie thanks to Liverpool being such a complete and utter mess now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here