Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 5 games do you think will be televised?

Which 5 games do you think will be televised?

• Southampton or Ipswich Town v Crystal Palace

Votes: 40 14.9%
  • Cambridge United v Manchester United

Votes: 250 92.9%
  • Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Chelsea v Millwall or Bradford City

Votes: 152 56.5%
  • Derby County v Scunthorpe United or Chesterfield

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Preston North End v Sheffield United

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion

Votes: 126 46.8%
  • Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth

Votes: 151 56.1%
  • Cardiff City v Reading

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers

Votes: 67 24.9%
  • Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal

Votes: 228 84.8%
  • Rochdale v Stoke City

Votes: 75 27.9%
  • Sunderland v Fulham or Wolverhampton Wanderers

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City v Everton or West Ham United

Votes: 107 39.8%
  • Manchester City v Middlesbrough

Votes: 84 31.2%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For some idiot at the BBC to choose Arsenal v Hull then it's any-ones guess. What do they look for? Two prem teams, possible giant killing, biggest audience tuning in?

Don't under-estimate the draw of a live pseudo-Premier League game to those who can't otherwise show live Premier League games, particularly if it's in one of the show piece stadiums.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Cambridge v Man Utd
Villa v Bournemouth
Brighton v Arsenal
and any 2 from 3 from below
Birmingham v West Brom
Man City v Middlesborough
Tottenham v Leicester

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Its not a given.

Can see Rochdale v Stoke and Blackburn v Swansea being amongst the contenders. Not forgetting Prem Team v Leicester and possible Saints or Ipswich v Palace.

As Arsenal were on bbc in Rnd 3 would imagine they will televise someone else....
I fear it could be like last time and we'll miss out.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think every tie has been mentioned at least once on this thread, minus the Sunderland game. Glad we all have such a grasp of how the British media work these days.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only 88%? I'm amazed Man U is not 100%. The rules state that they MUST be shown, whoever they play.. FACT.

Since their replay at non-league Exeter Town in 2005, they have played 43 televised consecutive FA cup games.

As it stands, this one should be televised because of Cambridge.

An amazing eight people don't think the game will be televised. That means there are eight people out there with a very distorted sense of reality. I wonder who they are, I may have some magic beans to sell them ...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
An amazing eight people don't think the game will be televised. That means there are eight people out there with a very distorted sense of reality. I wonder who they are, I may have some magic beans to sell them ...

We should start a campaign! "NAME THE EIGHT" :lolol:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Sunderland v Fulham it is then.

It is one to get the neutral's pulses racing. We have all seen over the last month the free flowing football Fulham are producing at the moment, and we know Sunderland can't stop scoring. If that game isn't at least a '5 goal cup thriller', I don't know what tie will be.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect there will actually only be four matches shown as allegedly there are going to be no matches on the Monday. So two Saturday and two Sunday.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In most cases the TV companies will go for ratings, which usually means the clubs with the largest numbers of armchair fans. So Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, maybe Chelsea. The Brum v West Brom game? Of purely local interest, and not really much of that, I'd suggest.

I remember when the BBC didn't have Premier League games, they showed Southampton v Tottenham live and passed on Shrewsbury v Everton, which turned out to be one of the biggest upsets of recent seasons.

Dec 29, 2011
The results of this poll may be skewed as people can vote for more than 5 options if they wish! To stop this you should have made it a single choice poll and then listed the various combinations of the 5 desired teams. Then we could have picked the 5 teams we think should be televised from the list. :facepalm: Absolute farce of a poll if I'm being honest :facepalm: :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can't see why Chelsea v Millwall would be televised. On the pitch it's hardly a spicy prospect.

I don't think the TV companies will fancy broadcasting this as the numpties on both sides will be playing up to the cameras.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I hope we're not televised, 3'o clock saturday is the proper time for football.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Four definites imo:
Cambridge United v Manchester United (lowest ranked club vs one of the biggest clubs in terms of fan base)
Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion (lower league home to PL, a derby)
Aston Villa v AFC Bournemouth (big chance of an upset)
Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal (PL and holders and large following (potential audience figures) away to lower league opposition

Then one from:
Rochdale v Stoke City (small team at home to PL side) - my preferrence
Manchester City v Middlesbrough (large fan base for Man City)
Chelsea v Millwall or Bradford City (PL club with large fan base = good audience figures, but opposition is an unknown which can affect it being selected)
Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers (Stevie G, but the least likely)
Burnley or Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (all PL clash which is more likely for channels that normally don't show the PL)

Had replays not been needed in some of the other ties and it was clear who would be playing whom, then they may have been picked up instead but as there is a lot of uncertainty about the likely teams involved, tv companies tend to ignore these fixtures.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't under-estimate the draw of a live pseudo-Premier League game to those who can't otherwise show live Premier League games, particularly if it's in one of the show piece stadiums.

This, mainly because of the international audiences. Most of them know little outside the prem.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If it has to be televised, which unfortunately I think it will be, please not a lunch time kick off - f*cking hate them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here