Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's my club gone?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
All I know is that one minute ago I abandoned my attempt to buy some Reading tickets.

I can't can't can't be arsed to waste half my morning on some ill-designed joke of a site that won't do what it should. More empty seats in ESU.

I'll be snapping those up Monday morning then

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Over commercialized. Tacky. Entirely without style. At least the website's reflective of the rest of the club's Spanish Night cheesy marketing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All I know is that one minute ago I abandoned my attempt to buy some Reading tickets.

I can't can't can't be arsed to waste half my morning on some ill-designed joke of a site that won't do what it should. More empty seats in ESU.

How hard can it be? Did mine in a couple of minutes. Have to admit it could be clearer for STH but just need to click on tickets heading and select from the drop down menu 'ST holders reserved cup tickets'. Apologies if that was what you were doing and still had problems.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I wonder how intrusive adverts have to be them to become counter-productive e.g. people refusing to use SkyBet because they associate them with the intrusive ads on their club's website. Or is it the case that people may not like the ads, but they still garner brand exposure nevertheless? That the 3% that click the adverts, and the money they bring in. justify the 97% that don't and who were never going to click on them anyway?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder how intrusive adverts have to be them to become counter-productive e.g. people refusing to use SkyBet because they associate them with the intrusive ads on their club's website. Or is it the case that people may not like the ads, but they still garner brand exposure nevertheless? That the 3% that click the adverts, and the money they bring in. justify the 97% that don't and who were never going to click on them anyway?

you'd like to think that most people are being bombarded by so much pop-up crap nowadays that they're more or less immune to it. They might not have the know-how to block it, but they sure as hell have no intention of acting on it. Tho no doubt there's enough that do, to make it worth the advertisers while. And doubtles those advertisers that shout loudest get most profit. How else do you explain anybody drinking Carling through conscious choice? ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
and, especially, Twitter.

Really not interested in getting regular updates on ladies, DS, under 21s etc - especially live match updates ffs!

It's way OTT - no harm in them doing half-time and full-time scores, but anything more than that is annoying.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The official site is a mess on every level. It gives me a headache every time I go on there. So I avoid it until matchdays or when tickets go on sale. Whoever approved and then signed the website template deal needs the prickly end of a pineapple shoved up their ass.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The club have set up a separate youth team twitter account @BHAFCScholers so hopefully they follow with the DS and woman's team, those that want updates can sign up to those that don't miss out.

Thanks for the info Rookie - and it is @BHAFCScholars for anyone trying to find it. :thumbsup:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
There are two many football fans that think Murdoch is a benevolent force. He is not. This is just one example -- given time, I could identify thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, … -- of his malignant effects. We are not powerless. You can refuse to give any of the many forms in which he infiltrates our lives any money: so cancel those Sky subscriptions.

Well said. I have never subscribed in protest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here