Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's my club gone?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Worse website ever, just awful to use, navigate, find anything. As others have said I come on here first for info.

D

Deleted member 22389

I do remember this site. It was quite good for it's time. Presumed this is when we had 100% control over the look and content?

oldbha.png

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't go to the official site these days - and I'm close to unfollowing on Facebook and, especially, Twitter.

Really not interested in getting regular updates on ladies, DS, under 21s etc - especially live match updates ffs!

So I'm genuinely close to removing myself from ALL marketing messaging because the club is going OTT. I'm sure I'm not the only one too..

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't go to the official site these days - and I'm close to unfollowing on Facebook and, especially, Twitter.

Really not interested in getting regular updates on ladies, DS, under 21s etc - especially live match updates ffs!

So I'm genuinely close to removing myself from ALL marketing messaging because the club is going OTT. I'm sure I'm not the only one too..

You are most certainly not alone

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I guess this is the problem the club has - personally, I'm very grateful for all the updates on the DS matches, and I wish they would do the same for the youth team games. How do you please all of the people, all of the time, when different punters want different things? (Actually, some clubs have their own academy twitter accounts, so maybe the answer here is for the Albion to do the same, and those who aren't interested can stick to following the official account only).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Actually, some clubs have their own academy twitter accounts, so maybe the answer here is for the Albion to do the same, and those who aren't interested can stick to following the official account only).

Exactly. Separate Twitter accounts for ladies, DS etc. Not hard, is it?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I guess this is the problem the club has - personally, I'm very grateful for all the updates on the DS matches, and I wish they would do the same for the youth team games. How do you please all of the people, all of the time, when different punters want different things? (Actually, some clubs have their own academy twitter accounts, so maybe the answer here is for the Albion to do the same, and those who aren't interested can stick to following the official account only).

Fair point. I'm not interested in the minute by minute women's match twitter updates, but use a twitter app where I can mute an account so just do that for 2 hours. Have turned off the Retweets for their account too as they've started retweeting any faint praise of them which gets quite tedious. But then I am interested in the DS updates so wouldn't want to lose that.

The idea of a separate account for more detailed DS updates (and another for the Ladies teams) and minute by minute tweets during matches is a great one, then the main account can just do one tweet with the result and scorers.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Do people still use the official site?

I persevered for a while after the transition but gave up as the site was so poor - it's been months since I looked at it last.

The old site wasn't great but it was more usable than the current POS.

I now get everything I need to know here or on the bbc sport site.

Same here be interesting to see what the take up is and if the club would or even could do anything about it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agree it's horrible.

But what really gets me is the promotion of betting everywhere. Without getting on a hobbyhorse, it is not a good thing.

I imagine other people will shoot me down, and it is OK if you can keep it as a bit of harmless fun, but when it heads to addiction...........

Not just betting, I'm getting fed up with the ads on tv about Bingo, usally along the lines of " Join The Fun ! " " Hundreds of Winners Every Day ! " " Deposit £10 and get £40 to Play ! " etc etc. it's just another form of gambling dressed up as " Fun "

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Every other club with this shitty template gets the same SkyBet crap on it, which is pretty much all FL clubs.

We should really look at getting our own site, the club has just announced an IT deal - why cant they be involved with it ?

And if we had our own website, don't you think they would sell advertising space on it and most likley to those companies willing to pay the most which will invariably be the gambling ones. Also, TB is hardly likely to turn his back on an industry that has served him well, both from a business perspective and for his hobby!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011

I agree, I'd go so far to say there should be something like @BHAFCMatchday so the main account doesn't get clogged up the the first team too.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
All I know is that one minute ago I abandoned my attempt to buy some Reading tickets.

I can't can't can't be arsed to waste half my morning on some ill-designed joke of a site that won't do what it should. More empty seats in ESU.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All I know is that one minute ago I abandoned my attempt to buy some Reading tickets.

I can't can't can't be arsed to waste half my morning on some ill-designed joke of a site that won't do what it should. More empty seats in ESU.

Just reminded me to book some WSU tickets for the Reading game - took me 2 minutes ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The league signed a deal with the website provider, giving only a couple of templates. But I wonder who at the league made the decision? Can we contact them directly to let them know how poor their choice was, in the hope that a better choice is made next time?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

The club have set up a separate youth team twitter account @BHAFCScholers so hopefully they follow with the DS and woman's team, those that want updates can sign up to those that don't miss out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The league signed a deal with the website provider, giving only a couple of templates. But I wonder who at the league made the decision? Can we contact them directly to let them know how poor their choice was, in the hope that a better choice is made next time?

I would hope they know! Piss poor deal I can see what they were trying to do with the standardisation but it just does not work, website design should have moved on but when you look at what we had a few years back it clearly hasn't

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He sponsors the league. We are in the league. He gives money to the league. We get some of that money. Would people complain if an American Express advert was plastered on the front of the website?

None of that obviously takes away the fact that the design of the thing is absolute shite.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
He sponsors the league. We are in the league. He gives money to the league. We get some of that money. Would people complain if an American Express advert was plastered on the front of the website?

None of that obviously takes away the fact that the design of the thing is absolute shite.

I think most people don't realise Sky Bet are the league sponsers and it took 39 posts on here before someone mentioned it!

I've heard people at the ground saying they hate the Sky Bet ads on the electronic boards but guess they are there because thats how Bloom made his money and he must want them there so they would have to accept them (grudgingly)

As league sponsers we don't have a choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here