Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where would you be looking to strengthen in January?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Striker - you can never have enough strikers - and I will pitch this one again - Shane Long would be excellent off the bench.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Striker - you can never have enough strikers - and I will pitch this one again - Shane Long would be excellent off the bench.
Shame Long :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Are you BG is disguise?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Providing Bernardo comes back to compete with Burn for that position the only one we need is competition for Montoya every other position is covered. It may be that our GK cover is poor if Matt Ryan got injured.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That’s where we went wrong last season though we had points on board but didn’t strengthen and it nearly cost us

The January before we spent big in January on a player that barely played out is now out on loan. :shrug:

I don't think our lack of business last January had anything to do with our loss of form. Saturday started with only 2 players not available to us last season.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....Murray replacement

I can picture it now :

The year is 2029.. and we really do need a Murray replacement - but he just keeps on coming off the bench and scoring - so we can't let go. He's now got a head of hair like Michael Jackson circa 1979 thanks to his bulk-buy at the transplant shop, and we are starting to suspect he's a Cyborg.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
A midfield player who can contribute between 5 and 10 goals a season, or at least shoot regularly from outside the box and get the shot on target.

A replica of Trossard for the right side

Yep, got to agree with that. Can't see Stephens or Propper ever getting more than one or two goals a season!

Another Trossard would be fantastic. We can always dream I guess ......?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What would a Murray replacement @ (say) 26 years old cost i.e. a 1 in 2.5 games target man with great feet, good in the air and a top free kick and penalty winner??? Sebastien Haller is the closest I can think of and he cost West Ham £45m

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully we'll bring in another Tau or MacAllister to keep the conveyer belt going for 2021/22 or 2022/3.

We were heavily linked with Ben Davies of Preston, and surely Balogun goes for cash before he 'walks away on a free' in the summer.

Alireza may be off as well, and Pröpper will be entering the last 18 months of his contract in January so we could well accept a good offer.

Guess : Davies, Kamara and perhaps a striker IN. Balogun, Alireza, Pröpper OUT.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A midfield player who can contribute between 5 and 10 goals a season, or at least shoot regularly from outside the box and get the shot on target.
How about ...................... let me think ....................... Aaron Mooy? Plus I've a feeling that once Alzate gets his sights properly set, he might get a few too.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would be concentrating on clearing out the dead wood first...

Jason Steele
Gaetan Bong
Leon Balogun
Ali Jahanbaksh
Ezquiel Scheletto

If we could make Florin Andone and Jurgen Locadia loans permanent, then even better.

If a right back who can also play wing back became available then that would be worth pursuing.
And probably a centre forward.

But both could probably wait until the summer if there was a better deal to be had then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I do not think the club planned to lose Andone so a striker, perhaps even on loan. We are hugely reliant on Maupay for the way we play, we simply would not be able to play the same style with Glenn (who is still a fantastic option from the bench). I’m not sure Connelly would be ready to be the main central striker yet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hopefully we'll bring in another Tau or MacAllister to keep the conveyer belt going for 2021/22 or 2022/3.

We were heavily linked with Ben Davies of Preston, and surely Balogun goes for cash before he 'walks away on a free' in the summer.

Alireza may be off as well, and Pröpper will be entering the last 18 months of his contract in January so we could well accept a good offer.

Guess : Davies, Kamara and perhaps a striker IN. Balogun, Alireza, Pröpper OUT.

....or offer him another contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here