Where will you be watching the opening World Cup game against Italy....?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I feel little connection with the England team, and hated watching them in SA. In fact I usually find it an absolute chore watching them play.

But obviously I will be on my sofa, full of hope at 2.00am. The loathing will have set in by 3.00, I should imagine.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Great news. Stay up on a Saturday night, rather than get up early on a Sunday morning.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Well there you go, final proof, if any was needed, that tv is more important than players welfare.

Fifa heard representations from a number of parties, including broadcasters ITV, BBC and RAI before deciding to move the kick-off time.

England had no influence in changing the kick-off time but Club England managing director Adrian Bevington suggested the original kick-off time of 02:00 BST (21:00 local time) was better because of the cooler temperature.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At home

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I will watch it at home and I can't wait. This England team may not be world beaters, but from what I can see, there is no lack of effort. If we lose, we lose. I will support them all the way and enjoy the ride, however short it may be.

wigangull

Jul 19, 2013
Wigan Lancs
I will watch it at home and I can't wait. This England team may not be world beaters, but from what I can see, there is no lack of effort. If we lose, we lose. I will support them all the way and enjoy the ride, however short it may be.
well said that man.....BTW I,all be I tenerife

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
I'll be in the stadium - anyone else going???

Yep me to , committed to stay out as long as round of 16 after much negotiations with wife and mates .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What a pile of tosh. I was looking forward to a 2am K.O I would have been sobering up a little by then. By 11 I will be absoutley wasted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The KO time is now 11pm

3 hours earlier when it will be even hotter and more humid? I wonder how long Rooney and Lampard will last.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What a pile of tosh. I was looking forward to a 2am K.O I would have been sobering up a little by then. By 11 I will be absoutley wasted.

Tbh, that will probably work in your favour. It's got nil-nil written all over it in 200pt type.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Game will be on ITV :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports