Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will you be watching the opening World Cup game against Italy....?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No idea, but it is a fair bet I will be pissed before kick off

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
2am? Pfft. Have a thought for footy fans in the far east almost every world cup. Productivity in the offices drop quite significantly for about a month with all the late night/early morning kick-offs:lolol:.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It will mate. All the pubs will get special licences to stay open if need be just as they did during the Japan & South Korea tournament when a lot of the games started around 6am

Not according to radio five. They said Fifa have said that they may change kick off times in the next 24 hrs and that the tv companies would put pressure on Fifa to change that particular kick off as it was between two of the larger European sides.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
It's the only game in the whole tournament that will kick off at 2am, and the only game being played at that venue, which I heard will be a 3,000 mile round trip for the England players. I can't see the logic, or is it all about the '$$$'s?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hopefully they'll have a TV in the reception for the A&E department up at the Royal, that'll be perfect.

were luis

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not according to radio five. They said Fifa have said that they may change kick off times in the next 24 hrs and that the tv companies would put pressure on Fifa to change that particular kick off as it was between two of the larger European sides.

hopefully 4 am then

as long as Andy Townsend isn't involved

D

Deleted member 18477

A change of KO time would be worse surely? It's 2am KO here but that's late evening in Brazil there... Think ourselves lucky, there's 3 other games at that Amazon location and they KO in the afternoon...

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
if we don't get out of the group stage it's all down to proximity to anacondas

FACT!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
My mental ward doesn't allow the TV on after 12.pm. I'll be fighting aliens and living with elf like people by 2.am.

Dec 29, 2011
A change of KO time would be worse surely? It's 2am KO here but that's late evening in Brazil there... Think ourselves lucky, there's 3 other games at that Amazon location and they KO in the afternoon...

Not basing this on anything, but I THINK the conditions don't change too much in that area between night and day. Humidity is what will drain the energy more than heat, and that will stay at about the same level. I doubt the temperature will change too much either. Would like to see some figures.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some complicated issues here, If we play at 2am our time we have an awkward choice to stay up or not plus Sky and the licensed trade will be bleating about lost business. If the kick off time is switched to an earlier time in Brazil then it may be almost unplayable due to the heat and humidity to the extent that the game would be a joke.

Then there are the ticketing problems if schedules are chopped and changed to benefit Italy and England fans in Europe.

Then there are the thoughts of the local Brazillians, it's their tournament and having to watch a game at 6am their time or similar is a nasty snub.
No winners here, as usual expect a fudged compromise between advertisers and Carlsberg

Dec 29, 2011
Some complicated issues here, If we play at 2am our time we have an awkward choice to stay up or not plus Sky and the licensed trade will be bleating about lost business. If the kick off time is switched to an earlier time in Brazil then it may be almost unplayable due to the heat and humidity to the extent that the game would be a joke.

Then there are the ticketing problems if schedules are chopped and changed to benefit Italy and England fans in Europe.

Then there are the thoughts of the local Brazillians, it's their tournament and having to watch a game at 6am their time or similar is a nasty snub.
No winners here, as usual expect a fudged compromise between advertisers and Carlsberg

They wouldn't put it on at 6am Brazillian time, they'd just move it back a few hours so it'd be on 11pm GMT (about 7pm Brazil time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here