Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the worst football ground you've had a PLOP at?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have often wondered what people do in the cubicles. Is it a wee, a poo, a fag , vomiting, getting changed or something a little sinister.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
brentford one boxing day. lunchtime kick off if i remember. the ONLY trap that wasnt full was literally "full". I had to hover, hungover as ****. when i got back to the terrace, walking like john Wayne, dean wilkins had kneed one in from 30 yards and we won 1-0 - i missed it...

Well as someone who read a story about POW facilities in Nazi Germany, where at one camp US POW's had to visit the "Trench" and balance with a stick to make sure the rats didn't leap out and grab their knackers, I think your poo problems are pretty minor.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't think I ever have.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You had sanitaryware? You kept that a secret.

The most worrying things about the bogs in the North Stand at the Goldstone was their proximity to the burger kiosk, and worse still - not being able to work out what smell was coming from which source.

More importantly, where has The Large One dropped a Large One?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Aldershot,we was 1-0 down but went on to win 4-1,87/88 season,the shithouse door literally came off when we equalised just I was having a spine splitter,the Khazi was by the touchlines and smelt worse than Croydon in August.

This is the one that immediately sprung to my mind. The bogs at Aldershot were basically a square concrete box with a doorway. Solid walls and no lights. I seem to recall that you just stood in the doorway and pissed into the building - because there was no way you were actually going to step into it.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
This is the one that immediately sprung to my mind. The bogs at Aldershot were basically a square concrete box with a doorway. Solid walls and no lights. I seem to recall that you just stood in the doorway and pissed into the building - because there was no way you were actually going to step into it.
All modern bogs at The Rec now ,but back in the day they were pretty grim.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just discussing that hot topic of having a Plop whilst being at a game. I have never been at the AMEX but it looks fairly comfey, however I had a rather nasty case of the Plops after a long trip to Bristol City in the paint pot trophy one year and those toilets were seriously rancid.

Well it wasn't actually a plop, but a piss, does that count? If it does it was at Sealand Road, the defunct home of the defunct Chester City FC.

In serious danger of wetting my trousers l asked a steward where the nearest toilet was. He pointed towards a wall at the end of the terrace and said 'piss up against that wall mate, everybody else does', and sure enough, there l was in a line of about half a dozen blokes relieving ourselves up against the wall in full view of several hundred fans. Classy!

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Played for Loughborogh Uni 3rd team in the mid 80s. Away at Swansea in the UAU 1/4 finals. Went down the night before. Enjoyed a very cheap and quite tasty curry which ultimately nearly proved to be my undoing. Game started and felt ok. We were 1-0 up but I began to feel the need for an expansive dump. Thought I might be able to go at half time but as it was getting dark, we changed straight round. Really struggling in the second half as any longer stride than normal would have proved disastrous
At least I wasn't very busy and consoled myself that I could relieve myself if we hung on to our 1-0 win. They equalised in the last minute. I was desperate now and had to 'invent' a groin strain so that I could leave the pitch. Eventually managed to find a toilet and it took so long that I missed all of extra time and the penalties. One of the more satisfying visits to the toilet that I have enjoyed in my life but I got a lot of stick when the full story emerged to my team mates (20 years later!!)
Great thread!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is anyone else getting from Google Ads at the top of the page an invite to see Shakespeare's Richard the Third?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well it wasn't actually a plop, but a piss, does that count? If it does it was at Sealand Road, the defunct home of the defunct Chester City FC.

In serious danger of wetting my trousers l asked a steward where the nearest toilet was. He pointed towards a wall at the end of the terrace and said 'piss up against that wall mate, everybody else does', and sure enough, there l was in a line of about half a dozen blokes relieving ourselves up against the wall in full view of several hundred fans. Classy!

Was that the last away game of the 1987-88 season? There were all sorts of things flying around during that game, liquid and otherwise.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Absolutly needed a dump at Swindon away. Already had passengers in the depature lounge . Got in there , little brick shed with space above and below the door.Whilst running down the terrace , we were awarded a penalty at our end . But it was way to late to turn back. The wheels were already in full motion. Had a quaint idea if I really forced it , I could finish up and still see the pen .Stand s to reason , Swindon players would be argueing . Trousers down , bombs away, a brief , but deep wipe . Got back on the terrace only to see Gary Nelson celebrating coverting his pen.
Never mind. Game finished , got in the car and stopped off at the first service staion on the M4 for something to eat. It was only after wandering around the shop and queing to pay that my mates finally told me , I had about two feet of brown tipped bog roll still hanging out the back of my jeans

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Can't even remember a sit down at the Goldstone so obviously never used one but remember the Dutch pre season tour in 1979 or when ever it was. We drove out, went on the piss for 3 days and other things associated with Holland and

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here