Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the most romantic place you have taken your wife to on your anniversary?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Its our 30th Anniversary today and I am offski to teh Amex tonight and she is going to the Virgin Club to do Pilates.

Luckily we had a lovely meal last week with champers, rose petals on the table , candles etc etc

Last of the great romantics...LOL

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As a special treat i took her up the oxo tower on her birthday last year.

The place was a bit cramped but she didnt seem to mind.

Beat me to it ; )

Rome...bloody loverly if fact so nice we went back there the next year...still would not let me play pooh sticks though!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cycled across the Golden Gate Bridge this Valentines Day - excellent brownie points

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
three years ago we went to Bali to renew our wedding vows - I didn't tell her where we were going until we arrived at Heathrow :lol:

this year (two weeks time) we are going to New York for a week - I haven't told her yet that on the day of our wedding anniversary we are flying up to Niagara Falls!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We've just had a great week in the Lake District as part of our 25th anniversary 'celebrations' with our three kids, one partner and the dog! It was fantastic.

We've been to Paris, Rome, Venice etc... we are looking for somewhere for a holiday later in the year, just the two of us, so all these ideas are very welcome!

(I did also take her up the Oxo Tower, a couple of weeks ago. The views and service were brilliant... but it is probably not an experience we are going to repeat!)

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not our anniversary, but for Mrs P's 50th I managed to book a long weekend in Amsterdam (including a candlelit dinner canal cruise) without her knowing anything about it. I convinced her 100% we were just going up to London to see a show and stay overnight, but then on the train up to London (as she thought), just before Gatwick I gave her her birthday present and insisted she opened it there and then on the train. She opened it to find I'd wrapped up her passport, just as the train pulled in to Gatwick in time for us to jump off! Got serious brownie points for that one.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Well i can really recommend Luzern, its situated on a lake surrounded by mountains. You can travel about by paddle steamer, cable cars, cog railway trains and trams.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
My wife's 30th tomorrow, this weekend im taking her to Celtic Manor in wales (friday to monday), had our honeymoon there. She doesnt know yet. Also, as an added surprise, have paid for her parents to come along saturday to sunday with our children. She wont know about that until we get to the table for lunch and they are there waiting for us!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My wife's 30th tomorrow, this weekend im taking her to Celtic Manor in wales (friday to monday), had our honeymoon there. She doesnt know yet. Also, as an added surprise, have paid for her parents to come along saturday to sunday with our children. She wont know about that until we get to the table for lunch and they are there waiting for us!!

Nice one... hope you have a great time :thumbsup:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
For my wife's 40th I'd planned a break to jersey. Everything was sorted, hotel, flights and her family were coming to look after piglet.
Then a few days before we had a few sherbets, a big row, she accused me of never doing anything for her and rather than just going to bed grumpy, I told her all about it (and that she could "f**k off on her own for all I care"). Then, with her in tears, I went to bed.
In hindsight it could have gone better but we had a nice few days, just not a surprise one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here