Where is the anti lockdown campaign?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Got some pretty shaky base lines there Clamp. No evidence to suggest that 'Boomers' will do this, that or the other, or collectively think this, that or the other. Absolute tosh based on absolute tosh. You must be gutted that the 'Boomer Remover' has been thwarted by those damn Tories and their damn life saving lockdown. I almost expect you to come up with a 'final solution' to help us expunge the murdering scum that are 'boomers'. What a tool.

Try not to be dramatic. Or resort to name calling.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Nobody will be required to stay in Lock down until then.

It is quite feasible that your age group will be required to stay indoors for a few more weeks than the rest of the population.
I quite reasonably predict that a lot of that age group, Baby Boomers as they are often referred to, will refuse to stay in, even just for a few weeks. In fact I can imagine many of them being incandescent with fury at the mere suggestion of it.

I do hope you are correct in your first statement.
A few more weeks, if required, is doable; an unknown lengthier time is probably not.
As I said, I haven't been out for weeks and am a fairly stoical sort, some would find it more difficult.
As for incandescence, some would be and others would be merely 'pissed off ' but accepting.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do hope you are correct in your first statement.
A few more weeks, if required, is doable; an unknown lengthier time is probably not.
As I said, I haven't been out for weeks and am a fairly stoical sort, some would find it more difficult.
As for incandescence, some would be and others would be merely 'pissed off ' but accepting.

Well let’s hope it’s not too much longer for any of us!

Stay safe

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Try not to be dramatic. Or resort to name calling.

I always top-up the drama when people start labelling whole sections of society as 'they'. You know, 'they' think this, do that, say this, say that etc etc. Your post assumes way too much and does not reflect the true intentions, thoughts or future actions of anyone at all. The casual way you write off boomers as a potential threat to the NHS with your 'hive consciousness' theory is more than worthy of being called a 'tool'.

History has shown how this kind of identity politics ends in real drama.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If, as reported in today's Sunday Times, a minister said 70 year olds will have to remain in lockdown until a vaccine is found, there may well be a 'pensioners' uprising, zimmer frames and sharpened walking sticks to the fore.
Me included! They don't like it up 'em, Captain Mainwaring!:D

There may well be an uprising, but that's because not all 70+ need zimmer frames or walking sticks, or have underlying conditions. Certainly not my hiking and football-playing friends. Difficult to use age as an absolute judge of vulnerability.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Well let’s hope it’s not too much longer for any of us!

Stay safe

Agreed, but the term "stay safe" winds me up - life has never been "safe", and never will be. "Take care" would be more appropriate.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There may well be an uprising, but that's because not all 70+ need zimmer frames or walking sticks, or have underlying conditions. Certainly not my hiking and football-playing friends. Difficult to use age as an absolute judge of vulnerability.

Indeed, but to be fair, there always has to be a cut off date when applying broad brush rules and regulations.
I am 72 next birthday but, until his death last year at the age of 102, I was the 'youngster' running errands etc. for my old man. There was rather a difference in our level of general capability!
That is the case for many today.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always top-up the drama when people start labelling whole sections of society as 'they'. You know, 'they' think this, do that, say this, say that etc etc. Your post assumes way too much and does not reflect the true intentions, thoughts or future actions of anyone at all. The casual way you write off boomers as a potential threat to the NHS with your 'hive consciousness' theory is more than worthy of being called a 'tool'.

History has shown how this kind of identity politics ends in real drama.

You’re right. I apologise.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Typical troll. Start a thread, just two posts in total, and sit back grinning whilst others continue the argument.

Otherwise called playing ‘Devils Advocate’. In itself it encourages discussion, brings up subject matter that some would otherwise be unwilling to discuss. Not always a bad thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Otherwise called playing ‘Devils Advocate’. In itself it encourages discussion, brings up subject matter that some would otherwise be unwilling to discuss. Not always a bad thing.

By all means, if the author of the thread actually encouraged or discussed it, but they don't.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
By all means, if the author of the thread actually encouraged or discussed it, but they don't.

I would class this thread as incendiary by design. Not sure the fishing emoji fits but due to the lack of input by the OP, it'll do.

The doomsday media are licking their lips at the thought of civil unrest. I don't think anyone on NSC seriously wants to fan those flames.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I haven't read the entire thread, but I believe it is perfectly legitimate to question the lockdown policy.

I have no idea if it was or is the correct decision, but it should be open to rational discussion and to debate. I am amazed at how many people just simply accept what is currently imposed without question.

This site aims to pose those questions and does it quite well in my opinion. It's irrelevant whether, having read it, you agree with it or not, but at least you've been open minded enough to read it.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/home/

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Some utter weapons in Denver decided to protest the lockdown, the medical professionals who actually witness the impact of the pandemic had different ideas.

[TWEET]1251988831559208963[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1251975162926227457[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports