Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is the anti lockdown campaign?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I haven't read the entire thread, but I believe it is perfectly legitimate to question the lockdown policy.

I have no idea if it was or is the correct decision, but it should be open to rational discussion and to debate. I am amazed at how many people just simply accept what is currently imposed without question.

This site aims to pose those questions and does it quite well in my opinion. It's irrelevant whether, having read it, you agree with it or not, but at least you've been open minded enough to read it.

https://lockdownsceptics.org/home/

1 I agree everyone SHOULD question the lockdown, especially with 15k airline passengers landing daily, with no checks or controls. There is however a fine line between questioning the lockdown policy and encouraging others to oppose it. It isn't really a lockdown if large numbers decide they have the right to opt out (if only for a haircut)

2 Toby Young doesn't need any more publicity. He is one of those people in this world, we could do with hearing a lot less from in my opinion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't read the entire thread, but I believe it is perfectly legitimate to question the lockdown policy.

I have no idea if it was or is the correct decision, but it should be open to rational discussion and to debate. I am amazed at how many people just simply accept what is currently imposed without question.

This site aims to pose those questions and does it quite well in my opinion. It's irrelevant whether, having read it, you agree with it or not, but at least you've been open minded enough to read it.

It’s an interesting and valid discussion.

But was the OP typing from an angry angle in being dead against it, then gaining a perverse pleasure from the reaction?

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
1 I agree everyone SHOULD question the lockdown, especially with 15k airline passengers landing daily, with no checks or controls. There is however a fine line between questioning the lockdown policy and encouraging others to oppose it. It isn't really a lockdown if large numbers decide they have the right to opt out (if only for a haircut)

2 Toby Young doesn't need any more publicity. He is one of those people in this world, we could do with hearing a lot less from in my opinion.

I haven't read through the thread (so may have missed some of the argument) but the link I posted seeks to question and challenge the wisdom of the current policy, not to encourage civil disobedience to it. It openly encourages debate.

Toby Young is Marmite I agree, but he argues his points politely and with passion, as do all people with strong opinions (the passion, not necessarily the politeness). To dismiss him is mistaken, just as it would be a mistake to shut down or dismiss his opponents.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I haven't read through the thread (so may have missed some of the argument) but the link I posted seeks to question and challenge the wisdom of the current policy, not to encourage civil disobedience to it. It openly encourages debate.

Toby Young is Marmite I agree, but he argues his points politely and with passion, as do all people with strong opinions (the passion, not necessarily the politeness). To dismiss him is mistaken, just as it would be a mistake to shut down or dismiss his opponents.

I find that offensive to Marmite.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

I am as open minded as most, but questioning the validity and necessity for the lockdown seems pointless. There is more evidence to suggest that these measures work in densely populated areas, than not. I don't fault the reasoning behind not overwhelming essential health services by limiting the spread of the virus and I can't see any alternatives that don't involve putting more people at risk, so why oppose the one thing that is keeping us from getting or spreading it?

What realistic alternatives are there?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Marmite is a very generous term for Toby Young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here