[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It just boggles my mind that people don't understand it.
Agreed - Coaches are Coaches and don’t have a second job as managing transfers.

It also boggles my mind that most people think the situational outcome with Moises has not already been decided by the Club based on both scenarios of Moises staying or him leaving. I believe whether/when we agree to sell him was always dependent on us signing Kudus/(or another very strong MF along with the minimum £100m+ transfer fee of course that TB had always in mind for this window. I think things will move very quickly once Kudus is in the bag. TB leaves nothing to chance when it comes to the Club (ironically for a consummate gambler) Obviously nothing is ever made public until contracts are signed but suffice to say we are all somewhat behind the curve on whats actually going on behind the scenes and not privy to the very busy negotiating traffic between Brighton and Chelsea this window.

Rumour has it Chelsea will send over a new offer before Saturday … if they meet the asking price AND we have signed up Kudus and he hasn’t signed to Borussia Dortmund instead - however, if the latter, Moises may likely be still with us in September.

Tbh both players sound like their management representatives are a pain to deal with and need firm deadlines now ..If I were RDZ I would be very grateful that my only job is the coach the players I have.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Yes
Contrary to his interview then a few weeks ago.
Yes contrary to the interview. What player ever said he wanted to leave mid way through a contract unless they’d had a major falling out. Doesn’t mean he isnt keen on moving. It’s just being respectful in the public sphere.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why can’t people accept that Moises may well be desperate to leave and isn’t having his head turned by evil agents. What’s so hard to believe about that?

I can’t understand why so many people are trying to find another narrative. “Agents using his social media”, “confused Moises”, “leaks to the media”, “heads been turned” etc etc. no evidence of this whatsoever.

He wants out. End of!
Because he hasn't put in a transfer request?
And because he signed a contract extension in March?

Again, if he's got an issue with anyone, it should be Chelsea for not offering what they (we are told) have been informed is the asking price for the player.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Again, if he's got an issue with anyone, it should be Chelsea for not offering what they (we are told) have been informed is the asking price for the player.
Doesn’t want to lose out financially.
Received a sweetener
Had assurances that he could leave at the right price

Agree that he should be firing aim at Chelsea. They’ll stump up the cash they just need to hurry up.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The club won’t of informed anyone of the exact price. All we know is that they value him at £100m +. Everything else is nothing but noise.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Why can’t people accept that Moises may well be desperate to leave and isn’t having his head turned by evil agents. What’s so hard to believe about that?

I can’t understand why so many people are trying to find another narrative. “Agents using his social media”, “confused Moises”, “leaks to the media”, “heads been turned” etc etc. no evidence of this whatsoever.

He wants out. End of!
Maybe.... maybe not. Who knows. But in claiming that the lad is overpriced, desperate Chelsea fans are constantly pointing out that he has had ONE outstanding season!

I agree with that sentiment but have a different take on it; in my view, he should not feel entitled to push for a move after such a short space of time and, as a professional he should enjoy his substantial current riches rather than covet twice or three times as much..... for a year at least!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As I said, that's very comforting to think that way. I just disagree
So you believe straight after signing a new contract which he knew would give Brighton a stronger position should he wish to leave, he wanted to leave?

His agent would have seen his stock rising even higher and notified all and sundry he would listen to offers. Can't blame him for wanting more money, no one can but if he was driving it he would have put in a transfer request, he hasn't. His agents, apart from feeding Twitter shits have not pushed anywhere like they did previously.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Doesn’t want to lose out financially.
Received a sweetener
Had assurances that he could leave at the right price

Agree that he should be firing aim at Chelsea. They’ll stump up the cash they just need to hurry up.
Well he can't be that 'desperate' to leave then :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The club won’t of informed anyone of the exact price. All we know is that they value him at £100m +. Everything else is nothing but noise.
Yeah, so £100+ is effectively the asking price. Which begs the question, why the FACK did they first come in with a bid of £60m :dunce: And then, when that was rejected, why did they only up to something that was STILL a miles away from £100m.

Had they forgotten who they were dealing with?

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Amongst all of the speculation I'll add another. Maybe Tony has told Chelsea that the asking price of £100 mil is to be paid as a lump sum and not spread over a number of years. IMHO that would be the way to go just to further help them in not attaining their fair play target

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well he can't be that 'desperate' to leave then :lol:
He and his agents will know exactly the position not just now but from the signing of the last contract. They should also be very aware by now Brighton don't suffer fools.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Amongst all of the speculation I'll add another. Maybe Tony has told Chelsea that the asking price of £100 mil is to be paid as a lump sum and not spread over a number of years. IMHO that would be the way to go just to further help them in not attaining their fair play target
This has already been mentioned about 100x on this thread !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, I don’t buy that any more than any of the other speculative theories.
Why? This from Wiki:

'Born in Santo Domingo, the youngest of ten siblings, Caicedo would play football on the scrubland pitches of his hometown, where goals were marked out by piles of stones.[3] As a child he met local football coach Ivan Guerra, who would help Caicedo and his family by paying for his football boots, travel and food.[3]'

Seems pretty obvious to me that there's only been one guy his entire life that has been the guiding light in Moises' football journey. Without that guy, that journey would most likely have ended before it had even began. As things stand, Moises is being buffeted from pillar to post between club and agents, poor kid. The smartest move that either party could make IMHO would be to get that guy Ivan Guerra onside as part of Team Caicedo

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Spreading the payment of funds to BHA makes no difference to FFP.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone

He wants out. End of!
Still not sure why some are so convinced of this, unless they've spoken to him personally.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So you believe straight after signing a new contract which he knew would give Brighton a stronger position should he wish to leave, he wanted to leave?
No, I believe that after he knew he was staying he knuckled down and got on with his job to the best of his ability because if he was going to get a big move he'd need more than half a season playing at the top standard. He did that brilliantly and I wouldn't begrudge him a move based on his commitment post-contract signing.

All I'm saying is that if he didn't like his agents conduct, he would make them stop or bin them off. Sure, agents are in it for themselves, but they get nothing if they lose or are threatened to lose top clients

theboybilly

Plenty of ‘big’ clubs have lost their way through the years. Chelsea were barely even on the radar before Abramovich in terms of title challenges. Football changes all the time.
I will never tire of answering Chelsea social media posts with pictures of the 'Save the Bridge' campaign flyers' when this huge, massive oh so successful giant of a club were almost put out of business. Why, why, why didn't Archer, Belotti and Co go after them instead of the Albion (imagine the land value even then) I hate to see clubs suffer like this but I've hated Chelsea with a vengeance since the 1960s. Horrible club with fickle supporters, always has been

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why? This from Wiki:

'Born in Santo Domingo, the youngest of ten siblings, Caicedo would play football on the scrubland pitches of his hometown, where goals were marked out by piles of stones.[3] As a child he met local football coach Ivan Guerra, who would help Caicedo and his family by paying for his football boots, travel and food.[3]'

Seems pretty obvious to me that there's only been one guy his entire life that has been the guiding light in Moises' football journey. Without that guy, that journey would most likely have ended before it had even began. As things stand, Moises is being buffeted from pillar to post between club and agents, poor kid. The smartest move that either party could make IMHO would be to get that guy Ivan Guerra onside as part of Team Caicedo
I fully take on board your article about his youth coach but I don’t see any reason why you can conclude that ‘his head is all over the place’ or that he is ‘confused.’ He may well be but he may well be feeling anything. Who knows. We watch him play football. That’s all. Lots of Chelsea social media gurus are making claims that can’t be substantiated. I just don’t believe any of them and I don’t believe anything about his agents or about our club’s stance from anything I read online.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No, I believe that after he knew he was staying he knuckled down and got on with his job to the best of his ability because if he was going to get a big move he'd need more than half a season playing at the top standard. He did that brilliantly and I wouldn't begrudge him a move based on his commitment post-contract signing.

All I'm saying is that if he didn't like his agents conduct, he would make them stop or bin them off. Sure, agents are in it for themselves, but they get nothing if they lose or are threatened to lose top clients
No one is begrudging him a move. His agents need to get Chelsea to stop f***ing about. Brighton's goalposts remain rooted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports