Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I fully take on board your article about his youth coach but I don’t see any reason why you can conclude that ‘his head is all over the place’ or that he is ‘confused.’ He may well be but he may well be feeling anything. Who knows. We watch him play football. That’s all. Lots of Chelsea social media gurus are making claims that can’t be substantiated. I just don’t believe any of them.
I just think he goes along with whatever the last person who spoke to him says 😄

You've made it very clear as to what you don't believe. Anything you'd care to share on here as to what you do believe?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just think he goes along with whatever the last person who spoke to him says 😄

You've made it very clear as to what you don't believe. Anything you'd care to share on here as to what you do believe?
Absolutely nothing :)
I don’t see how it is possible to believe what a player is feeling when he hasn’t said or what’s going on in behind closed door negotiations.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Mods delete this post if already covered, but there is a fine long article on Moises in today's Times. Titled Poverty to Premier League the journo travelled to Ecuador and recounts MC's life from playing barefoot with rocks as goals in Santo Domingo to leaving for Quito aged 14 to realise the dream. He signed for Independiente del Valle who have gone from 3rd tier to 'one of the strongest in the continent', based on recruiting and playing young players. He had trouble fitting in, was very homesick, and nearly abandoned the dream. He was (and probably still is) a 'very introspective, quiet, shy guy'. His Mum convinced him to stay and she is, according to the article, a huge influence on him still.

He was discovered playing Copa Libertadores, and the rest is history we know. Well worth reading the whole article that expands more on how MC is helping folk in his former home. It sort of puts a different perspective on the current situation.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I expect this may have been mentioned already, but I can't be arsed to trawl all the way through. His sell-on is 20%, yes? So on £80 million that's £16 million. That is a lot of money for his old club in Equador. He must still have friends and contacts there, I bet they are in his ear as much as his agents are.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mods delete this post if already covered, but there is a fine long article on Moises in today's Times. Titled Poverty to Premier League the journo travelled to Ecuador and recounts MC's life from playing barefoot with rocks as goals in Santo Domingo to leaving for Quito aged 14 to realise the dream. He signed for Independiente del Valle who have gone from 3rd tier to 'one of the strongest in the continent', based on recruiting and playing young players. He had trouble fitting in, was very homesick, and nearly abandoned the dream. He was (and probably still is) a 'very introspective, quiet, shy guy'. His Mum convinced him to stay and she is, according to the article, a huge influence on him still.

He was discovered playing Copa Libertadores, and the rest is history we know. Well worth reading the whole article that expands more on how MC is helping folk in his former home. It sort of puts a different perspective on the current situation.
If mods were to do that on every post on this thread we would have 5 posts left:

1. Moises wants to leave, I read it on Social Media
2. Nobody knows apart from the player, club and agent whether Moises wants to leave.
3. It's obvious Moises wants to leave.
4. Moises would be quite happy to stay like he did in Jan, it's nothing more than a load of hullabaloo.
5. Chelsea is a nasty horrible club.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is it over yet…

…so bored with it. Please, not another day! And on it goes

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's he actually done? Put in a transfer request in January, posted a farewell message on instagram thanking us for allowing his "dream move", stopped turning up at training in the last transfer window and got a little talking to from the Ecuador captain for the way he was handling it.

This window? Whether we know the details or not, his agents are pushing the narrative that he doesn't want to be here and wants to move. Who do you think is driving that behaviour? Surely at some point he has to take a little accountability for the way his employees conduct themselves in his name?

If he plays on Saturday, then I will eat my (proverbial) hat. I'm not guessing at what he's done, I'm judging him on how he's behaved over the last two windows. Last window, he behaved like a brat. This window, fair enough, he's yet to show his hand so until he does I retract and if he plays on Saturday, like every ALbion player (except Leon Best and Chuba Akpom) he will have my full support for what that's worth.
He didn't put in a transfer request in January.

SeaGullBum

Aug 4, 2023
We've told him he can go, it's down to him to get Chelsea to pay up or go away.

If they really wanted him and Valued him as highly as reported, they'd pay the fee.

Ain't our fault he's priced at what he's priced at, Blame Arsenal and Chelsea for paying £100m+ for Enzo and Rice

If chelsea pulled their finger out, they'd of gone for him before Arsenal signed Rice. We we're always going to keep an eye on the rice fee

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Had the privilege of speaking at Seagulls Over London last night, clearly the demographic in the room was on average well over 50 something long time Albion fans but the consensus of opinion was it was time to get rid, even if it meant just getting under the alleged asking price.

That would be a terrible decision. Why would a Brighton fan think that!? Also there is pretty much zero noise and stress. It's just like five twitter accounts and a bunch of "journalists" who have a vested interest to drag stuff out and make stuff up in the transfer windows as it's the only way they can make a living.
Back in the real world, everything is calm.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Unless I have missed something despite all the noise we have not had a bid since the immediate rejection of £75m + £5m add ons which is only £15m more than they shifted that useless clown Havertz to Arsenal for.

For a big target they are hardly even trying to secure him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why? This from Wiki:

'Born in Santo Domingo, the youngest of ten siblings, Caicedo would play football on the scrubland pitches of his hometown, where goals were marked out by piles of stones.[3] As a child he met local football coach Ivan Guerra, who would help Caicedo and his family by paying for his football boots, travel and food.[3]'

Seems pretty obvious to me that there's only been one guy his entire life that has been the guiding light in Moises' football journey. Without that guy, that journey would most likely have ended before it had even began. As things stand, Moises is being buffeted from pillar to post between club and agents, poor kid. The smartest move that either party could make IMHO would be to get that guy Ivan Guerra onside as part of Team Caicedo

Unfortunately, although I like the idea, I suspect that Guerra would be as out of his depth as I suspect Moises is :shrug:

I think the best advice would come from Milner, Lallana, Welbeck etc who, whilst still having some skin in the game (wanting the Albion to succeed) have much less to gain personally as a result of the advice they give. If it was me, that's where I'd be looking for help :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here