Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Put on the spot about whether he likes Chelsea, Caicedo said: "It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team and I can't say No, because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team. The city as well is beautiful. It's got everything beautiful."

It’s starting . 100% his Toys will be coming out the pram if the move stalls too long

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It'll be an accounting thing. But yeah, I just can't see it either. If they kept him 5 years, that extra £10-£20m they're refusing to pay up front is only £2-£4m per year on the accounting books. Wonder if it's a case of they have a budget of, say £170 million over 8 years to buy Caicedo and they've backed themselves into a corner having discovered that he's only willing to move to them if they spunk most of it on his wages (~£83m over 8 years if the £200k/week is correct), and they've now not got enough left to pay the actual transfer fee that Bloom is holding out for.
Nah! - wages can't be a problem - Fab Rom told us weeks ago that terms had been agreed, shirley!

Last edited:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Put on the spot about whether he likes Chelsea, Caicedo said: "It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team and I can't say No, because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team. The city as well is beautiful. It's got everything beautiful."

It’s starting . 100% his Toys will be coming out the pram if the move stalls too long
Perhaps however I still think Moises struggles with English to a degree. If Chelsea stump up yes he is gone. If not Moises can throw a pool sized amount of toys.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Could well be that Tony will only compromise on his £100 million valuation if we get a separate deal for Colwill.

And Tony must have a cut off date after which a deal cannot be done. 1st August ? The start of the US tour ? I suspect Chelsea need to get a move on with meeting the price tag.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dragging on? There has been almost zero noise about it. I don't know what there is to drag on.
Only media hype, and possible leaks from Chelsea. From that perspective it has been going on a lot of the summer.

Since Paul Barber was appointed, I can barely remember any attributable leaks from our end. Actually, quite impressive…

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I really don’t see Moises as a toy chucker, I read that article as he’s happy here but would also be happy if he ends up at Chelsea :shrug:

I think his agent has a strong toy chucking gene though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really don’t see Moises as a toy chucker, I read that article as he’s happy here but would also be happy if he ends up at Chelsea :shrug:

I think his agent has a strong toy chucking gene though
Think you’re right, but you have to hope the agent learnt a lesson (and also Caicedo to a certain extent), in the January window.

Given Caicedo had only relatively recently signed with that agency at that point, I would suggest his agent came out of it with quite a lot of egg on his face.

Bloom and Barber are not people you try and pressure.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
68 pages on Caciedo being sold and no one seems to be that concerned about the impact it may have losing one of the best midfield pairings in the PL. Saying that if Chelsea really wanted Caciedo the deal would be done by now so fingers crossed.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think TB is holding out for a hero - that being Colwill.
We haven’t got a replacement for Cac and I think the only compromise TB would be prepared to make is getting Colwill in px. We would still need a Cac replacement (if there ever was such a thing) but I expect them to have someone hiding in the cupboard.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
68 pages on Caciedo being sold and no one seems to be that concerned about the impact it may have losing one of the best midfield pairings in the PL. Saying that if Chelsea really wanted Caciedo the deal would be done by now so fingers crossed.

I don't think I've seen anyone say that they're not concerned, or that they'd prefer the £100M, just that we recognise where we are and how we operate and don't have the entitled fanbase of one or two others :wink:

He's definitely going to the USA in a few days, but who with will be very telling ???

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If BHA overcome the loss of two world class midfielders then Bloom’s alchemy is unparalleled. The Europa League qualification has thrown a spoke in the club’s and Caicedo’s and his representatives’ plan, especially since Chelsea are not the club they were.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
We all know that Moises is a Man Utd fan and always hoped to end up there. He will be on a pretty good wedge right now so may not see the rush to go anywhere. Man Utd may well come calling next year when the takeover is sorted and more funds are available.

You have to laugh at the Chelsea fans squealing about the fee don’t you. What part of “f*** Off!” don’t they understand?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't think I've seen anyone say that they're not concerned, or that they'd prefer the £100M, just that we recognise where we are and how we operate and don't have the entitled fanbase of one or two others :wink:

He's definitely going to the USA in a few days, but who with will be very telling ???
Virgin Atlantic v British Airways 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here