Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Caciedo seems the last player Chelsea need, they should be spending the £100m in attacking areas not on a defensive midfielder. Caciedo is the player you splash out on when everything else is in place and you are pushing for Champions league success and domestic titles. Cluster f*** of a club.
I dunno. They haven't actually got any/many CMs. They've sold Mount, RLC, Kovecic and Kanye. Plus Jorginho in Jan. Don't forget they've signed Jackson and Nkunku. I think Caicedo would make a genuine and huge difference to that existing squad. Just to put that in perspective they've replaced a false 9/number 8 never known for spectacular goal returns with a player who statistically is closest comparatively to Mbappe and Rodrygo and a raw striker who scored 8 La Liga goals from April to the end of the season. As much as I dislike Chelsea it's a huge upgrade in that department.

Last edited:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Caciedo seems the last player Chelsea need, they should be spending the £100m in attacking areas not on a defensive midfielder. Caciedo is the player you splash out on when everything else is in place and you are pushing for Champions league success and domestic titles. Cluster f*** of a club.
Really? He seems the exact type of player they need right now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sky are reporting that Caicedo will be going on the US tour with... BHA. But what do they know?! The timing of that tour will be crucial as I expect that Chelsea will want to have wrapped up the purchase before then, if they are serious about getting Moises on board.
It has all gone very quiet.
If , as rumoured, they are prepared to pay Moises £200k per week over an eight year contract (c£80m in wages) why are they stalling on paying £100m for the transfer?

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Growing feeling that he will be staying. Chelsea won’t pay TB’s asking price and he’s not budging. This time next year Moises will have three years left on his contract so we can all go through this again!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sky are reporting that Caicedo will be going on the US tour with... BHA. But what do they know?! The timing of that tour will be crucial as I expect that Chelsea will want to have wrapped up the purchase before then, if they are serious about getting Moises on board.
If , as rumoured, they are prepared to pay Moises £200k per week over an eight year contract (c£80m in wages) why are they stalling on paying £100m for the transfer?
The bit about wages is the most made up bollocks of all bollocks! Chelsea are offering huge contractual term for lower weekly money. The negotiation is about total contract value. They have done the same with Mudryk and probably all the other 7+ year contracts for 21 year olds. They’d f***ing bankrupt themselves giving 8 year contracts at short term values for young, inexperienced footballers.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

It'll be an accounting thing. But yeah, I just can't see it either. If they kept him 5 years, that extra £10-£20m they're refusing to pay up front is only £2-£4m per year on the accounting books. Wonder if it's a case of they have a budget of, say £170 million over 8 years to buy Caicedo and they've backed themselves into a corner having discovered that he's only willing to move to them if they spunk most of it on his wages (~£83m over 8 years if the £200k/week is correct), and they've now not got enough left to pay the actual transfer fee that Bloom is holding out for.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Maybe they don't have the 180 million in total

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The bit about wages is the most made up bollocks of all bollocks! Chelsea are offering huge contractual term for lower weekly money. The negotiation is about total contract value. They have done the same with Mudryk and probably all the other 7+ year contracts for 21 year olds. They’d f***ing bankrupt themselves giving 8 year contracts at short term values for young, inexperienced footballers.
Is that true? Why would a player want less wages but a longer contract? If someone said to me I could have 150k over 8 years or 250k over 4/5 i know what I'd choose.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When do we actually leave for the pre-season tour ?

I believe that regardless of the last god knows how many weeks of complete :shit:that date could be fairly significant ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
the other way around would be more sensible

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Is that true? Why would a player want less wages but a longer contract? If someone said to me I could have 150k over 8 years or 250k over 4/5 i know what I'd choose.
A long-contract is a hell of a guarantee. But of course if, all things being equal, the shorter contract provided the same value then you'd choose that. But that's not the model Chelsea are following. They're shedding the £300-£400k a week players whose terms are adversely affecting their FFP compliance. They want long-term contracts to manage big transfer fee amortisation and lower weekly outgoings to help with FFP and potential remodelling of the squad. If they load up on both huge transfer fees and huge wages they're literally f***ed unless they guarantee champions league football. Of course no one wants to hear that Financial (un) Fair Play is starting to eat in to the top 6 dominated world.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
OK, all Moises has to do is look at the progress Cucurella , Bissouma and Trossard have (not) made since leaving Brighton . Regardless of the financial incentives that turned their head, they must have splinters from sitting on the respective benches !

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Growing feeling that he will be staying. Chelsea won’t pay TB’s asking price and he’s not budging. This time next year Moises will have three years left on his contract so we can all go through this again!
I think you mean in January when the merry go round will start again.

Having said that this could go on to 31st August. Imagine if Chelsea lose a game or two at the start of the season. Boehly will be back with his £100 mill

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Surely doesn’t make much difference if he travels with us to the USA as both teams will be out there anyway. If a deal is wrapped up whilst we’re there at least he won’t have far to travel

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
OK, all Moises has to do is look at the progress Cucurella , Bissouma and Trossard have (not) made since leaving Brighton . Regardless of the financial incentives that turned their head, they must have splinters from sitting on the respective benches !
Think Bissouma will be ok next season whilst Sulky Trossard might find game time a little hard to get

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think you mean in January when the merry go round will start again.

Having said that this could go on to 31st August. Imagine if Chelsea lose a game or two at the start of the season. Boehly will be back with his £100 mill
He won’t go on transfer deadline day. Absolutely no way the club will sanction the sale with no time to get anyone else in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here