Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’m getting more hopeful of Caicedo staying the longer this drags on. Can’t see us getting into a situation like West Ham who are finding it hard to replace Rice because everyone wants silly money, knowing they’re banking £100m+. You’d think we’d have brought someone else in by now if we’re expecting Caicedo to go.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I’m getting more hopeful of Caicedo staying the longer this drags on. Can’t see us getting into a situation like West Ham who are finding it hard to replace Rice because everyone wants silly money, knowing they’re banking £100m+. You’d think we’d have brought someone else in by now if we’re expecting Caicedo to go.
It's the hope that kills you.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
But it was pretty clear and obvious to all that an agreement was very close and lo and behold, a day later it was done. Was a pretty worthless statement.

Same as now, saying that we don’t expect clubs to meet our valuation and we expect he’ll still be with us is equally meaningless. I’m 99% certain he’ll be with another club on September 1st.
So what was wrong with the statement?
Personally, I would take the clubs expectations over yours given they have, you know, actual information.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Yeah me too, certain he’ll still be going. It’s all just part of the game/brinkmanship. The club released an official statement just the day before Cucurella was sold to Chelsea saying we hadn’t reached an agreement to sell him to any club.
Chelsea's pants had only been pulled down to knee level at that point, agreement was only reached once under crackers had reached floor level.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does your use of ‘near future’ cover the January window? Does it cover next Summer? Does it cover just this Summer?
Sorry, I'm not sure why I used those specific words - I mean in this window.

And it's just based on personal hunch - I have no more insider information than any of us.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I’d love to watch another year of Caicedo but I just can’t see it.

This is so reminiscent of many ‘big’ club transfer chases and particularly their bid for Enzo Fernandez where they eventually folded and agreed to pay his release clause in the end. I’m certain they’re going to do the same here and pay the reported circa £100m by the end of the window.
The problem for them is that Tony will have a cut off date somewhat before the end of the window. Paying £100 million on transfer deadline day won't be accepted.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yeah me too, certain he’ll still be going. It’s all just part of the game/brinkmanship. The club released an official statement just the day before Cucurella was sold to Chelsea saying we hadn’t reached an agreement to sell him to any club.
I think people are reading too much into it. The club released the Cucurella statement because it was true at that point. Weren’t various nonentities on Twitter claiming a deal had been done at that point ? Of course the Albion negotiators seek to maximize advantage to our club but that does not preclude honest statements of fact when required.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The problem for them is that Tony will have a cut off date somewhat before the end of the window. Paying £100 million on transfer deadline day won't be accepted.
The cut off point will be the end of the transfer window. But the opportunity cost to Brighton gets huge as the door closes. At that point the price to ANY club is WAY north of the club’s original (business-as-usual) valuation.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
A post on the The Shed End. Monika 'TheCeleryKing'...................

'Brighton. Once you realise that The Brighton Chairman is called The Lizard. Tony 'the Lizard" Bloom. That tells you quite a lot. He is a professional gambler and he is all about brinksmanship and being perceived as being Cunning. He's a grubby little jewish trader. Roman would have brought him in line. Alas, we have Clearlake Todd and Co. now and so it seems we are taking the lizard seriously. Bloom is a showman and he likes the media attention he's getting. For now.'

I don't know about you but I find that obnoxious!
Very obnoxious. He also seems unaware that Roman has Jewish blood and has a Portuguese passport due to his Sephardic Jewish ancestry (albeit the ancestry is contentious).

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
It seems the Reds are the so-called mystery bidder for Moises, supposedly offering £80m + when the wouldn’t pay £88m for Bellingham.
I would love to see “Macca” and Moises operating together in Red but what would you prefer?
I’d like him to stay another year at least, but if not is it the Reds or the blues?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sorry, I'm not sure why I used those specific words - I mean in this window.

And it's just based on personal hunch - I have no more insider information than any of us.
Phew! I though you knew something we didn't. That's not to say I now think he is 100% to stay, but I am back to, no one knows except TB and PBOBE and hopefull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here