Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where is everyone staying

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Two nights in Cramlington with wife's uncle.

Sounds cosy. Bunk beds? ;)

Barnard Castle in Durham for me. Lovely picturesque town with lovely picturesque pubs & women. After the game it's get the fudge out of dodge & enjoy a few slurps on the way back cheering merrily :)

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Middlesbrough travelodge on Friday & Saturday...
give yourself plenty of time to get to the ground from there. Take a left as you come out ,down to lights and across to the bus station and drinking establishments, road takes you down to the subway to go under A66 and the railway lines.
Friday night take a right and to Borough road , down to lights then either a left then right into Baker st. for real ale micro bars or right then upto lights and Southfield Road where there are a couple of good lively bars.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
give yourself plenty of time to get to the ground from there. Take a left as you come out ,down to lights and across to the bus station and drinking establishments, road takes you down to the subway to go under A66 and the railway lines.
Friday night take a right and to Borough road , down to lights then either a left then right into Baker st. for real ale micro bars or right then upto lights and Southfield Road where there are a couple of good lively bars.

Nice one! Thanks for that!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sounds cosy. Bunk beds? ;)

Barnard Castle in Durham for me. Lovely picturesque town with lovely picturesque pubs & women. After the game it's get the fudge out of dodge & enjoy a few slurps on the way back cheering merrily :)

Visited there in February ..very nice place

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

How long roughly does it take to walk to the ground from there? Thanks.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Cider, please.
Holiday inn is attached to the shopping centre and only been open a few months. Looks ok and heard some good reports. Only 100 yards round corner to Jurys. and another 100 yards to Doc Browns. Anyone fancying an old fashioned cheap drink in a workies club then take a right just past Docs and the Ironopolis is on your left. Lets away fans in normally but gets packed on matchdays.
Most pubs are opening early for the game so they dont lose out.
https://whatpub.com/pubs/CLV/12-0021/dr-browns-middlesbrough

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
I would say a good 30 mins to be on safe side. You can get a bus part way from the bus station no 39. get off at Mcdonalds near the cinema and through the subway. I think they are every 15 mins. I tend to get that with having a gammy ankle.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I would say a good 30 mins to be on safe side. You can get a bus part way from the bus station no 39. get off at Mcdonalds near the cinema and through the subway. I think they are every 15 mins. I tend to get that with having a gammy ankle.

Cheers.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
Bit of snow up there today, Richmond is another good shout if you can find digs. Plenty of pubs in historic market town, only down side is its close to Catterick Garrison and gets a lot of squadies in on weekends.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I never thought I would be jealous of anyone staying in the Travelodge in Middlesbrough. For those in Newcastle Premier Inn it's going to be an even better weekend. I'm sick as a parrot.

thornabyred

Apr 6, 2016
be a bit rough up on Tyneside that weekend if results go wrong. awdees away at Villa and mackems at home to Chelsea.
If thats the game that puts the jawdees down the Bigg Market will get a good trashing again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another vote for Scarborough.

Anyone else going there, we can recommend an absolutely cracking curry house for Friday night (or Saturday, whenever you're staying).

The Girlfriends place near Durham. Lift to Boro and back with dinner at the inlaws,
Won't the in-laws be rather annoyed that you have a girlfriend too? :)

I'm surprised Yarm gets exciting any night of the week. Think I drove through it on my way to or from Hartlepool once. I remember a small, old stone town with a public school in the middle of it.

theboybilly

Another one for the Travelodge in Middlesborough. I'm aiming to get the for 2pm on Friday then popping over to Redcar for a few beers then back to the micropubs in Baker Street. I might just finish the night off in the Jurys Inn late bar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here