Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is everybody?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm over here in the north wearing a yellow and blue scarf, hungrily aware that the veggie pie in the empty seat next to me is yet to be claimed by my mother's boyfriend. He'll be here soon, but I can't guarantee the spinach and ricotta delight I've bought him will be. *scoff*

Spinach and ricotta? Really?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why pleasingly Darren? I'm certain now I'm way off-mark here but aren't you very close to the club, a sort of NSC chief whip as it were?

Again, apologies, I'm not meaning any offence, I just don't understand.

For pie and pint purchasers the lack of queues is a big positive.

More importantly - Spinach and ricotta? Really?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For pie and pint purchasers the lack of queues is a big positive.

More importantly - Spinach and ricotta? Really?

Nothing says football has changed quite so much as a spinach and ricotta pie.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Very sparse here but to be honest the atmosphere aint too bad and for the first time I have a fairly good signal hope we can hold on

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Really...why just brighton?
Why not all the other championship clubs who'll get shite crowds tonight?

I didn't say it was just Brighton but why would i comment on other clubs - but if you want me too Huddersfield sold out their allocation at Derby this evening

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Derbyshire to yorkshire isn't very far pal...Leeds got 18k tonight

I was living near Leeds for the last ten years, it isn't that local mate.

On the AA route planner, it's 1hr 31 mins, 71.3 miles stadium-to-stadium. Over three hours round-trip on a school night, not allowing for traffic.

"The North" isn't a cluster of northern towns closely grouped together, Derbyshire is a lot closer to the Midlands than Yorkshire.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I was living near Leeds for the last ten years, it isn't that local mate.

On the AA route planner, it's 1hr 31 mins, 71.3 miles stadium-to-stadium. Over three hours round-trip on a school night, not allowing for traffic.

"The North" isn't a cluster of northern towns closely grouped together, Derbyshire is a lot closer to the Midlands than Yorkshire.
Yeah 70 odd miles...Thought it was 40 odd,my mistake👍
Sheff w had 16k tonight..Can't recall them getting so few to be honest

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah 70 odd miles...Thought it was 40 odd,my mistake👍
Sheff w had 16k tonight..Can't recall them getting so few to be honest

Again, Sheff Weds the same mate; lightning start, a lot of hype and expectation. Bad run and you can knock 3-6k off that weekly attendance easily.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Its hilariously shit, thats what.

Except it isn't. They play with far more zeal and passion than the men do. They actually give a shit about what they do. Compare that to their spoilt rotten male counterparts who only care about how much money they make.

Furthermore they actually get on with the game. They tend not to feck around diving and making drama like the men.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Except it isn't. They play with far more zeal and passion than the men do. They actually give a shit about what they do. Compare that to their spoilt rotten male counterparts who only care about how much money they make.

Furthermore they actually get on with the game. They tend not to feck around diving and making drama like the men.

Nope its crap thats why no-one watches it.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Nope its crap thats why no-one watches it.

Actually you'll find a lot of people watch it. The reason why it's less well known is that there's less publicity. In fact, it regularly pulled in crowds of 40,000+ until in the 1920s it was banned because the FA (the same bunch of bellend morons as they are today) decided it wasn't acceptable for women to do anything apart from pop out kids, and that is was sending out the wrong message. The ban was lifted in 1972.

It's a travesty still, as the FA are far too male-oriented to do anything near enough work to promote Women's Football.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Actually you'll find a lot of people watch it. The reason why it's less well known is that there's less publicity. In fact, it regularly pulled in crowds of 40,000+ until in the 1920s it was banned because the FA (the same bunch of bellend morons as they are today) decided it wasn't acceptable for women to do anything apart from pop out kids, and that is was sending out the wrong message. The ban was lifted in 1972.

It's a travesty still, as the FA are far too male-oriented to do anything near enough work to promote Women's Football.

Pandapops is right with the history lesson. However, it's not watched because it's a totally different game. Different pace, skills, tactics etc. That doesn't make it worse, just different. Unfortunately, it won't get the coverage. In a land where we can't even get ample coverage for other sports (or even leagues) outside of the Premiership and Barca and Real Madrid, we're all doomed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here