Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Which makes sense, otherwise Mac would never have signed a new deal knowing he could walk away Jan 2024 or Summer 2024 for free.
I don’t know. He’ll have obviously got a big pay rise compared to his initial deal, when he stayed on loan at Argentinos and Boca Juniors. There’s also the insurance factor of it being money in the bank even if his form took a dive or he had a career ending injury. I’m sure the latter can play on a player’s mind, especially with what happened to Mwepu a few weeks before he renewed and Moder the previous season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ornstein wrote in The Athletic:

“Despite signing a new contract in October that secured him until 2025, there is a good chance the midfielder will be sold and there has been lots of debate about whether or not the deal includes a release clause. It is understood the terms do, indeed, contain a mechanism which can be used to help facilitate a move and that has contributed to the level of interest building to prise Mac Allister from Brighton.

This is thought not to be a typical release clause other clubs may simply trigger, leaving the player to choose their next step, but a more complex feature that gives Brighton a say over the outcome”.
Any feature that gives the club a say doesn’t sound like a release clause. I have genuinely thought long and hard about such a mechanism and can’t think of anything other than a traditional transfer deal of paying an amount the selling club agrees as acceptable.

Besides, release clauses are rare in English football contracts, and we certainly don’t do them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t know. He’ll have obviously got a big pay rise compared to his initial deal, when he stayed on loan at Argentinos and Boca Juniors. There’s also the insurance factor of it being money in the bank even if his form took a dive or he had a career ending injury. I’m sure the latter can play on a player’s mind, especially with what happened to Mwepu a few weeks before he renewed and Moder the previous season.
I’d bet every footballer would risk that to have more choice of options or able to easily leave a club than tying themselves into an impossible deal to leave for a few years

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Could also have coasted last few months, to stay injury free before a move. PL players have done that. Instead he gave everything to get us to Europe.

He’ll be in all time Albion 11, possibly forever.

I hope over time that some people don’t denigrate his supreme skillset and application. There’s already been a “is he all that?”. Do they actually go to games sober?
100% this will happen. As will the posts and threads saying 'see, I told you he was over rated/not very good'.

It's a weird way to think as a Brighton fan but it'll happen.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
100% this will happen. As will the posts and threads saying 'see, I told you he was over rated/not very good'.

It's a weird way to think as a Brighton fan but it'll happen.
Saw a post on the Reddit thread about this transfer and there was a Brighton fan in there saying he was decent but not worth £60m.

Weird indeed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, he's ALL OVER Argentine gossip pages.

(Google will translate this for you)

More Alexis: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tema/alexis-mac-allister-tid66071/
I let google translate if for me but I still can't make head nor tail of it. I can't work out which of them is his girlfriend, whether he dumped one of them for the other, or whether one of them is that massive joint of meat in the BBQ in a side window.

I need an influencer to translate it from twatspeak into proper English for me.

Sadly, now that Swanny is no longer with us, we are a bit influencer-lite.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suspect it will be Liverpool he goes to, as their midfield was such a car crash last season.

There isn't a single Liverpool midfielder at the moment who I'd pick over our current selection, which is, frankly ridiculous (I'm not counting Luis Diaz as he's more of a striker). They could use Caicedo as well, but that's never happening.

I think Mac Allister would fit better in Man City's midfield, to be honest, and I'd love them to come in for him and start a price war. The only thing that would be sad about that move is that he'd probably end up like Kalvin Phillips, wasting away on their bench.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suspect it will be Liverpool he goes to, as their midfield was such a car crash last season.

There isn't a single Liverpool midfielder at the moment who I'd pick over our current selection, which is, frankly ridiculous (I'm not counting Luis Diaz as he's more of a striker). They could use Caicedo as well, but that's never happening.

I think Mac Allister would fit better in Man City's midfield, to be honest, and I'd love them to come in for him and start a price war. The only thing that would be sad about that move is that he'd probably end up like Kalvin Phillips, wasting away on their bench.
Agreed.

If Liverpool paid £175m for Caicedo and MacAllister, they would be City’s biggest challenger next year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed.

If Liverpool paid £175m for Caicedo and MacAllister, they would be City’s biggest challenger next year.
I don't think for one minute that they have the budget for both, especially not if they're looking to strengthen elsewhere too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think for one minute that they have the budget for both, especially not if they're looking to strengthen elsewhere too.
Probably, I guess it depends where they see their weaknesses.

With the exception of Milner 😉 who’s free anyway, I’m not sure there’s much in their squad that they could offer us in exchange.

(Thinking about improvement rather than squad player)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I let google translate if for me but I still can't make head nor tail of it. I can't work out which of them is his girlfriend, whether he dumped one of them for the other, or whether one of them is that massive joint of meat in the BBQ in a side window.

I need an influencer to translate it from twatspeak into proper English for me.

Sadly, now that Swanny is no longer with us, we are a bit influencer-lite.
The little brunette, ’Cami’ was his long term girlfriend, who was here in Brighton for pretty much all of his time here. They’ve recently split, and he turned up this weekend at (Argentina team-mate) Lautaro Martinez’ wedding, with the blonde girl on his arm.

The new girl is a childhood sweetheart of his, and also a childhood friend of his now ex.

Cami is an ‘influencer’ massively popular with millions of teenage Argie girls - which is driving the demand for gossip. Every post the Alexis instagram fan account posts is bombarded with replies calling him a SHIT, and worse.

oh, the DRAMA!

Weirdly, one of the other guests at the wedding was a fellow Albion number 10 🤷‍♂️

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So which one would you choose?

Either/or - not both.

1685557635082.png

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The little brunette, ’Cami’ was his long term girlfriend, who was here in Brighton for pretty much all of his time here. They’ve recently split, and he turned up this weekend at (Argentina team-mate) Lautaro Martinez’ wedding, with the blonde girl on his arm.

The new girl is a childhood sweetheart of his, and also a childhood friend of his now ex.

Cami is an ‘influencer’ massively popular with millions of teenage Argie girls - which is driving the demand for gossip. Every post the Alexis instagram fan account posts is bombarded with replies calling him a SHIT, and worse.

oh, the DRAMA!

Weirdly, one of the other guests at the wedding was a fellow Albion number 10 🤷‍♂️

I think his mum has even been on tv discussing it and isn’t happy. He dumped her Xmas eve, and lied that his new missus was in Brighton already (in March) - a bit of spying shows they were both in Ibiza a couple of weeks back between games at Hotel Nobu.

His ex has flown their dog back to Argentina as well 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here