[Albion] Where is Alexis going? (Liverpool - for an undisclosed fee...)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Alexis going?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Interesting they’ve given him the number 10 shirt too. I hope for his sake they don’t think they’re signing an elite number 10 position wise or their fans are going to be disappointed.
Maybe that's why the alleged 35m fee. The other 20m in add ons is if they play him in his proper position...

In all seriousness, even though we've known for months he was going I'm still surprisingly sad now it's come to pass. I'm going to miss him, I think he's my favourite player since Zamora😭

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm so pleased that Ally Mac's dad has got the big-money move he always wanted.

Alexis was happy to stay, but the financial needs of the family come first, it seems.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
FyF8vZAX0AE9zUH.jpeg

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Maybe that's why the alleged 35m fee. The other 20m in add ons is if they play him in his proper position...

In all seriousness, even though we've known for months he was going I'm still surprisingly sad now it's come to pass. I'm going to miss him, I think he's my favourite player since Zamora😭
He’s no Solly but he is up there!

Now to tell the kids after school, there will be tears! And his kit will probably end up at the back of the cupboard along with their White and Burn tops! I think the Lallana and March ones are safe for a bit though! 🤞

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best of luck to him, magnificent for us

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sad he's gone. Gutted he went there.

Thanks Alexis.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It seems clear the "release clause" was a mechanism which specified £35m cash and add-ons to be negotiated based on our valuation of the player. So it both is and isn't a release clause.

Interesting that Fibz is one of the few sources that still hasn't referred to the add-ons on this deal ( he has on other deals).
I think Naylor may have got under his skin.
Yeah seems pretty clear Fab is holding on to the £35m idea and purposely not reporting the add ons that all other journalists and sports publications mention just so he can claim he was right.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm so pleased that Ally Mac's dad has got the big-money move he always wanted.

Alexis was happy to stay, but the financial needs of the family come first, it seems.
I believe so yes, it does seem that way.

I do think Alexis probably wanted to leave but was pushed towards it, his dad hasn’t covered himself in glory.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He’s no Solly but he is up there!

Now to tell the kids after school, there will be tears! And his kit will probably end up at the back of the cupboard along with their White and Burn tops! I think the Lallana and March ones are safe for a bit though! 🤞
White, Burn, Mac Allister. I've spotted the theme. For the love of God don't get them a Caicedo shirt!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Did anyone really expect him to stay? Seemed he only had eyes for the 'pool. No other bids. Thanks for the memories Alexis. Gonna be very painful watching him line up against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports