Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where in Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crawley. No sea but we do get puddles in the numerous potholes. Many pubs, all with resident dealers. Large soulless shopping centre including the largest Poundland store in the country. Chance of meeting reality TV "star" Mark Wright, as he has now signed for Crawley Town.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We were looking at Ferring - get a lot more for your buck but getting back to Brighton and back for friends and family is a nightmare. We have opted for Henfield and will hopefully get our move sorted in the new year. Have had enough of Brighton and Hove and it’s council after 60+ years. Looking forward to better accommodation and lifestyle in advancing years!

it can't be that hard to get back to Brighton from Ferring? You've got Goring station not too far away and the 700 bus

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Crawley. No sea but we do get puddles in the numerous potholes. Many pubs, all with resident dealers. Large soulless shopping centre including the largest Poundland store in the country. Chance of meeting reality TV "star" Mark Wright, as he has now signed for Crawley Town.

I was going to suggest Crawley.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9635398 said:
Forest Row is pretty nice, although pricey. A bit more cosmopolitan than most Sussex villages.

Cosmopolitan?!! I reckon 75% of the people are mad hippies.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

OK but what are the drawbacks?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Arundel, if you don't have young children, Horsham if you do.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ditchling?

Not particularly near the sea (but not that far away, if you have a car!), but definitely picturesque and 'desirable'. Also pretty close to the Amex...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
it can't be that hard to get back to Brighton from Ferring? You've got Goring station not too far away and the 700 bus

Bus takes an age. Car takes an age and uncomfortable trip along a more and more busy A27. Trains, for me personally, are expensive, inconvenient, uncomfortable and unreliable.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be close to the sea, what a lot of people don't realise is Arundel is only 4.4 miles from a great beach at Climping.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
To be close to the sea, for me is walking distance, otherwise I would quite likely move north toward Steyning.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You will need to apply for a passport to enter Cuckfield, it's an independent state.
[YB][/B]

Yes it is. Go away.

tenor.gif

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Falmer is nice but of course only one Pub. South side A27 best. Great for the Stadium !! Rare for property to come up for sale.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Rottingdean.

Loads of pubs, picturesque and if it was any closer to the sea it would be the sea. Also a short bike ride/longer walk to the amex. And it's got windmill. And countryside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here