Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tescos

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Sainsbury's although I had the misfortune to find myself in Hollingbury Asda today. I wanted to change my daughters piggy banks up and was told they had a coin machine that would save me shipping bags of coins to the bank.

Never again, it was like a day release centre.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sainsbury's, but Morrisons and ASDA are far better for wet fish.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lidl for most stuff, Tesco for the stuff thats inedible or unavailable from Lidl; Sainsburys in Newry about once a month for stuff thats unavailable in either (Irn Bru) and stuff thats cheaper than both (erm, nearly everything non perishable actually).

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Do all my stock cupboard shopping at Aldi, get good meat etc from the butchers.

Their Sparkling Cremant is superb and at at £5.99 is as good as Champagne at 3 to 4 times the price.

They get in some good Bordeuxs at christmas as well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sainsbury's although I had the misfortune to find myself in Hollingbury Asda today. I wanted to change my daughters piggy banks up and was told they had a coin machine that would save me shipping bags of coins to the bank.

Never again, it was like a day release centre.

Why are they like that? The one at the Marina is like the PX for an immigrants camp.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Naafi, Company store, soup kitchen. I was seaching for the appropriate word and not wanting to insult the Naafi organisation used the Yanky term. :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lidl is FAB!
A chef told me that he thought that LIDL veg was the best of the supermarkets I tend to agree with him. Their cleaning staff is rubbish as is most of their packaged groceries like Pasta meals, sauce mixes etc.

Their fizzy drinks unless prop names like Pepsi or Fanta are awful even the grandchildren wont drink them.

Their fresh meat is ok I think and a lot better than Tesco or Asda own branded stuff.

My wife used to use Morrisions but she says it has gradually got a lot dearer than Tesco and the nearest one to us being in Crowborough makes it not viable.

I like Aldi and cant wait for the one in London Road to open but the problem is the reason that they are so cheap is because they stock about 1/4 of the lines of the big four.

Having said that we are going to Morrisons at Seaford later today, it is not a very big Morrisons in comparison to Crowborough or Woking but with our oldies bus pass it is a ride out that costs nothing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Amazed no one has put ASDA yet!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem with Asda at Hollingbury especially, is that you have to shop amongst many chavs feeding their kids on the roast chicken or meat pies and pop as they walk around the shop. Apparently the security can do nothing about it until the people go through the check out as they may take the empty wrappers up to the till and pay for the good their lovely little children have eaten.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The problem with Asda at Hollingbury especially, is that you have to shop amongst many chavs feeding their kids on the roast chicken or meat pies and pop as they walk around the shop. Apparently the security can do nothing about it until the people go through the check out as they may take the empty wrappers up to the till and pay for the good their lovely little children have eaten.

One of my BIGGEST pet hates....along with people reading ALL the f***ing newspapers in the supermarket :rant:

Tescos for me but only because it's near. I do a big monthly shop at Asda. My parents swear by Morrisons but you either have to go to Seaford or Crowborough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports