Votes: 106 32.8%
  • East Sussex

Votes: 119 36.8%
  • A foreign county or country

Votes: 98 30.3%

• Total voters

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It varies from city to city . In Brighton living on the east side is not likely to win many awards but in NYC well Manhattan the east side or specifically the upper east side is considered the best area to live .

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Just to further muddy the waters, the bloke who wrote Sussex by the Sea lived in West Sussex, but was inspired by stuff Kipling wrote about East Sussex.

Tennyson lived in West Sussex but his famous lines about how much he loved Sussex ("You came, and looked and loved the view, Long-known and loved by me, Green Sussex fading into blue, With one gray glimpse of sea") were written when he realised the errors of his ways and started to hang out in East Sussex *, like all people of taste, culture and good breeding.

* I may have made this up

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, politically I come down from Tunbridge Wells, Kent. But as I’m south of the river Grom, which is historically the border, it’s geographically Sussex. or to be more precise, the East part of Sussex.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I tend to disagree about Berlin (not the shouldn’t have been divided bit, just to be clear). But then again, I quite like the more edgy parts of most cities.
The geographical east is certainly more interesting as far as I'm concerned. I say geographical as 'the former east' will not include Kreuzberg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It varies from city to city . In Brighton living on the east side is not likely to win many awards but in NYC well Manhattan the east side or specifically the upper east side is considered the best area to live .
Opinions, I'd say West Village is the best place to live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here