Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where can you buy the most expensive pint of Harvey's in the world?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still think you take your life in your own hands if you want to cross a busy road from Portslade to Hove! The traffic is mad.
Hell yeah. That bit by the station is bad enough sober. Not sure what it would be like after two pints of Carling and a cheeky bump :wink:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
There was an old guy with a West Country accent who used to frequent the pubs of Haywards Heath years ago and said: "Don't drink t'Harvey's. Full of diesel from the Ouse". Maybe he had a point or pint.
except they dont use river water to make it... the brewery is on the river so coal could reach it by boat. The water comes from their own deep well

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Harvey's is a brilliant beer and it's hard to find anything to compare up here in the Midlands but £6 a pint is crazy.

I went out last night to a town centre pub and a pint of bitter was £2.25 and a pint of Carling was £2.40.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I love a pint of Harvey's Best (albeit not at £6.50/ pint) and Old even more. However, more than a couple of pints gives me a terrible hangover and gutrot, which I don't get with other beers. On a recent trip to the Cottage, I popped into a craft beer bar in Hammersmith and made the schoolboy error of not asking the price before ordering a pint of key lime sour. £9.50. Avoid.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I miss the sign in the garden of The Railway/Whistlestop requesting clientele not to throw empty glasses onto the railway line.
And yes The Foghorn is the clear winner - although I quite like the Westbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here